SAU Community

A Question Of Restrictions

Anarkei

Hey guys, i'm looking to buy a skyline sometime soon the only thing bugging me is can i drive an R33 GTS-T on Vic P-plates? does anyone have a kilowatt rating for the standard (non modified) GTST? all help is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, i'm looking to buy a skyline sometime soon the only thing bugging me is can i drive an R33 GTS-T on Vic P-plates? does anyone have a kilowatt rating for the standard  (non modified) GTST? all help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry mate a R33 GTS-T is considered a no go for P-Platers, but as you can see there are plenty on the road.

When released from the factory, I think they are around 187kw at the engine.

Cheers.

Thanks guys...looks like i was right about a few of the P-Platers i've seen were being a bit naughty then...oh well i'll have to go for the non-turbo...32's just don't do it for me!

If you work out the power to weight ratio of a gtst 33 its:

187/1.4 = 133.6kW per tonne.

Victoria regulation states P plater can only drive cars that has a power to weight ratio 125kW per tonne.

However, that doesnt stop me :)

If you work out the power to weight ratio of a gtst 33 its:

187/1.4 = 133.6kW per tonne.

Victoria regulation states P plater can only drive cars that has a power to weight ratio 125kW per tonne. 

However, that doesnt stop me  :(

Doesn't stop most people..

Greg

dude. you can legally drive an r32 gts-t... thats what ill be going for!

i applied for the loan recently...

cant wait...

Can't drive a 1990 R32 gts-t in manual as dry weight is 1260kg's (works out to be .4kw's over).

That's the info I got from Vicroads anywayz.

Greg

dont get a non turbo. either risk it or wait.

the reason i went non-turbo, is because my insurance is a fair step cheaper, also i can drop in a turbo engine at a later date(once i'm off my P's)...nothing like a skyline sleeper to kick people in the pants with!