SAU Community

Hid Light Install Guide

damono

Cool. U know after installing the hid kit, i swear Nissan pple were thinking, well well, let's make 1 side of the light hard to change than the other! And that pple with fat hand's can't change it easily. Let's just put stuff around it.

Sheesh. This is the first car i've experienced changing a bloody lightbulb is so troublesome. Thank god i've got xenons now, if it really lasts the full lifetime, i will never have to change it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my hid installed, took 2 hrs, and am quite happy!! The only problem is... My lens is too dirty/oxidised!! The inside not the outside... and now my parkers really look oxidised. FUG. Back to the ol drawing board.

My lens is a bit dirty on the inside too. My parkers are almost the same as blinkers now compared to the HID's. We should see if anyone can source whiter park lights.

Im putting my name for a set already, just so its less noticable that you have hids

I'm goin back home to get my set of white park lights. It's much cheaper back home. Also when i come back to aussie, during the first week, the first thing i'm gonna do is to take out the headlights, strip them apart and give them a good clean inside and out + seal.

Not 100% required, but if ur fuse ever do blow, do change to 15A fuse. I believe due to this kit having the relay, there is no need for a fuse, and the relay already has a fuse. So might not need the 15A fuse, but i might be wrong. I'm still gonna get 15A fuses to standby just in case.

so. how has everyones installs gone?

i only got mine a couple of days ago and just wanted some feed back as to how the installs went, whether those with a r33 h1's used the relay kit and had no stabilization problems, and how the hid's look in general.

pics of how you mounted the balasts would be great too

Thanks,

Nate

ah.. dude.. there is pics of how the ballasts are mounted in the guide. If you need more info im more than happy to take a few more pics, just let me know what of. Or better yet. Im keen to show you in person

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone installed to a R34 ?

The red wire in the headlight is connected to the halogen globe, but the black one is connected to the housing ?

Do we have to cut it the black wire to connect to the HID kit ?

Edited by Manwh0re

i put the relay harness in when i installed my hid kit.. i connected the positive to the battery and earthed the negative to the body of the car. been driving around for a few days now, but just last night i started noticing the lights start to flicker going brighter/darker sometimes? anyone know why its flickering even with the relay harness on?

I suggest that you check you earth connection as it may not have a good connection.

Best thing is to connect the earth side to the battery as well.

Spent this afternoon installing my HIDs with the kind help of my brother. Heres some pics to share.

as you can see, the parkers are now an absolute joke hah. need to buy some white LED parkers.

I have to wait a few more hours before I can test them at night :( but so far they look awesome even with my filthy light lens, prolly go clean that now.

And thankyou once again bankids :)

post-19990-1135678230.jpg

post-19990-1135678281.jpg

post-19990-1135678326.jpg

hrm hrm.. and for the install guide ? :(

Yeh.. they make the parkers look like indicators they're that bright. Night time they light up the whole road, very nice indeed. I clean mine usually with cut and polish and use some wax after on it.

• 3 weeks later...

is it just me? or does everyone else who installed their hids, now get flashed from time to time by other drivers, assuming I must have my highbeams on.

I parked my car side by side with my step mums commodore, to see the lights in comparison. the HIDs dont go much further, just way more intence. I guess its enough to have people think they are highbeams :S

normally hid should come with the projector lens, coz the light wave length is different of halogens, and all the normal lights assembly were designed for normal halogens so might not control the hid lights as good as halogens.

but i think that's because the lights are too bright because i saw many halogens also blinds my eyes..

• 1 month later...

You'll notice that aftermarket HID lights are very bright,, for oncoming traffic,,

A glare shield can usually fix this,, but i can't seem to find any DIY Glare shields to suit the r33/r34 the (H1 bulbs),,

Anyone got any ideas on how to make a glare shield for the r33/r34's?

there are heaps of diy's on google for the dc2 type plug,,, usually for honda's and stuff,,,,,

Edited by AFRO