SAU Community

Apexi Fc Question

Is a Apexi Power FC from r33 series 2 going to work in a R32 gts-t.

I know the 33 has inbuilt ignitors in there coil packs and mine has the ignitor on top of the motor at the back,I was thinking somehow might cause a problem.

Anyone put a r33 series 2 pfc on there r32 ?

any help appreciated will get model number of the pfc tomorrow

Reason for using the r33 one is the r32 is done by some other guys Ap engineering and cost $500more and I want the fc to say rb25 when it turns on lol .even though i only got rb20det.nah it's more about saving the $500 to put towards the tune.

thanks for any help

cheers

i just ordered a rb25 pfc from nengun with the specific purpose to use it on my rb20.

the ecu connectors are the same and the ecu pinouts are IDENTICAL except for injector triggers for cyls 5 and 6, they are just reversed.

also if you use the rb25 pfc you HAVE to change injectors as it cant go smaller than 370cc (stockers on the rb25), but im already running 720's so its not a problem.

once i get my pfc i will def do a write up on if it works or not, else im sure some one will be more than keen to buy it new with commander for what i paid.

sounds like you could be playing with fire, but if it does work certainly let us know and ill put it in the powerfc faq

willdo.

however the old girl let go tonight, busted ring lands are suspect as car still runs smooth (well as smooth as it can go on dead cylinders) and doesnt make any horrible noises.

i'll be recieving the pfc before i get the car back together so it might be a while, but from what research ive done it should work no worries, but we will see.

however im gonna be helping a friend do a rb20 swap into his s14 soon and he's got my old 550's so while a chip will do fine on it we'll see if the pfc does indeed work on the rb20.

Edited by carl h

This should work fine as the Wolf plugin for R33 works fine in R32s so i cant see any reason the PFC would be different.The Ignition is not an issue just make sure your injectors are the same risistance,If not you could use a GTR injector risistor but as your modding the car you would want to replace the injecter and could use 13ohm replacements like Pink Densos from an RX7 etc.

I fitted an R33 plugin in to a Ceffy on friday and all was well only having to change one power feed so i cant see you having many issues if you get yourself a copy of both cars ECU pinouts.