SAU Community

Top Gear - Series 7

NS2500

I'm downloading Top Gear 2005 Revved Up (4.25GB) but only 35% through.  Has anybody seen this and is it worth using up the last of my download limit?

i have it, its worth watching, but not really the most interesting stuff, i honestly expected a bit better, but i say get it anyway!

Thanks. 

Obviously what my mates were talking about. 

I would have liked to see a bit more.  Does anyone have the link for an actual roadtest of the McLaren F1?

i have the test, by Tiff Needell, its an old but good one, i doubt u will find it on the net anywhere but if you are really desperate for it i could burn it for you

I think the Ascari is sensational, BUT (and it's a big one), BUT it is waaaaaaaay overpriced.  At 500hp, it should be priced to compete with the 490hp Ferrari F430, 500hp Lamborghini Gallardo, and 450hp Porsche 911 Turbo in the 90,000-110,000 pound bracket.  Instead it comes in at 235,000 pounds!  More than a Murcielago!  That is over double what I would expect to pay for it.

Dude, did you see how fast it went around their semi damp track??? Almost the whole car is made out of carbon fiber! That thing is a genuine super sports car. And its cheap, compaired to say an enzo, or that Mazarati thing.

But yeah, I think the star in a resonably priced car bit this time was the funniest I have seen! "YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT CARS! YOU DRIVE A CLK!" ahahaha GOLD!

I'm downloading Top Gear 2005 Revved Up (4.25GB) but only 35% through.  Has anybody seen this and is it worth using up the last of my download limit?

If u got series 6 of top gear then dont bother downloading it as its basically the best of series 6 episodes.

My favourite part of the dvd, mainly coz my other car is a hilux surf 4x4, is when they try to kill the hilux ute by drowing it, burning it, placing it in a building implosion etc and it still starts and can drive away with just the use of a hammer and a few spanners and wd40 to get it going.

Jeremy Clarkson has a new 2005 dvd out also called heaven and hell.

You can grab a dvdrip of it off torrents also.

Dude, did you see how fast it went around their semi damp track???  Almost the whole car is made out of carbon fiber!  That thing is a genuine super sports car.  And its cheap, compaired to say an enzo, or that Mazarati thing.

Fair comments, it was VERY fast around the track, but at the same time I cannot imagine many people would be willing to pay 235,000 pounds for it when it has "only" 500hp and understated looks, despite Carbon Fibre and quick lap times. Supercar owners like to have the biggest and baddest. A Lambo Murcielago makes far more power and has far more road presence for less cost. If it's track times your after, get an Arial Atom for 30,000 pounds. You could then get a 130,000 pound Ferrari F430 Spyder for posing for crowds, and you'd still have enough change to buy a BMW M5 for every day use (which at over 500hp has more power than both the Ferrari and the Ascari :(). Better yet, buy an R32 GTR and a house.

Maybe I am being too practical when thinking of these supercars? :(

Hehehe, supercars are not practical. Its not the HP seriously. Its the power to weight, and how they go round corners, and how they stop. And for crying out lould its made almost fully out of carbon fiber!!! People go nuts just over a bonnet, much less the whole car.