SAU Community

Top Gear - Series 7

NS2500

For those that are interested, episode 1, of series 7 of Top Gear is out at the moment. (Torrents available on all good sites)

I noticed in the preview of the upcoming episodes there's an R34 GTR sitting on the limiter doing a burnout. Have to wait and see what that's about.

I was chatting wiith some mates the other day and one spoke of an older Top Gear episode where they compare a very, very fast car - an R34 GTR, to the McLaren F1. Does anybody know (if this is true) what season and episode it's in?

I was chatting wiith some mates the other day and one spoke of an older Top Gear episode where they compare a very, very fast car - an R34 GTR, to the McLaren F1.  Does anybody know (if this is true) what season and episode it's in?

hey, the only thing that i have seen that is similar is when they are illustrating how fast a mclaren f1 is, they do this by having a drag race between a r33 gtr and a mclaren f1, and it wasnt an actual comparison just a drag race.

I was chatting wiith some mates the other day and one spoke of an older Top Gear episode where they compare a very, very fast car - an R34 GTR, to the McLaren F1.  Does anybody know (if this is true) what season and episode it's in?

They don't compare them as such they just drag an R33 GTR versus a McClaren F1. The McClaren F1 obviously wins but the GTR gets a better launch :(

Not too interesting.

Anyway I saw the first episode too and the upcoming episodes preview looks interesting with 2 R34's shown for some reason.

first episode was good, although who thinks the ascari is dissapointing?

i saw a review of this in the prototype stage in EVO magazine a year or two back seemed ok, and seeing the finished product to me just seems underwhelming.

i dont think it has the looks to be a real supercar, and i think it will have trouble selling due to the looks and the BMW engine.

the 3 car comparo shows just how good the 911 is, although they keep on referring to POWER when they should be referring to power/weight, made them all sound stupid to me!

first episode was good, although who thinks the ascari is dissapointing?

I think the Ascari is sensational, BUT (and it's a big one), BUT it is waaaaaaaay overpriced. At 500hp, it should be priced to compete with the 490hp Ferrari F430, 500hp Lamborghini Gallardo, and 450hp Porsche 911 Turbo in the 90,000-110,000 pound bracket. Instead it comes in at 235,000 pounds! More than a Murcielago! That is over double what I would expect to pay for it.