SAU Community

R33 Nismo Twin Plate Clutch Replacement

I have a series 2 R33 (196rwkw) with a Nismo twin plate and lightened flywheel. I launched it last night and it slipped badly, so I limped it home, slipping badly. Time for a replacement.

1) Can I just replace the plates and bearing?? Does anybody know if you can order replacement plates from anywhere or even use a different branded plate like Daiken / Exedy?? What about bearings??

2) If I go back to a single plate, is the flywheel that came with the twin plate going to still be fine to use?? I would get it machined of course.

Anybodys help is appreciated.

Cheers

I have a series 2 R33 (196rwkw) with a Nismo twin plate and lightened flywheel. I launched it last night and it slipped badly, so I limped it home, slipping badly. Time for a replacement.

1) Can I just replace the plates and bearing?? Does anybody know if you can order replacement plates from anywhere or even use a different branded plate like Daiken / Exedy?? What about bearings??

2) If I go back to a single plate, is the flywheel that came with the twin plate going to still be fine to use?? I would get it machined of course.

Anybodys help is appreciated.

Cheers

!. You might be able to get replacement NISMO parts from NISSAN or an Internet supplier like nengun but I would assume that she ain't too healthy if you're at the point of severe slipping so you might not get away with plates and a release bearing.

2. That flywheel will not work for anything but it's intended use so get a stock flywheel from a wreckers and away you go :D

A set of plates is around $700 via nengun, etc, but can also be bought locally for roughly the same price. Adelaide clutch services (I think that was the name) can get them. Nismo clutches are made by Exedy so you could try them as well:

http://www.exedy.com.au/

As suggested, the flywheel you have is only of any use with that clutch.