SAU Community

Probably Never Happen Again

blind_elk

Yesterday, had to go visit friends in Eildon. That involves a trip through the Black Spur.

Having only just run in the new engine, thought I would give it a light workout up the Spur.

Travelling through and past Healesville, I was a bit worried, because we were following a Patrol towing a boat. Fortunately he was a considerate driver, because just as we passed the 100 kph sign out of Healesville, he pulled over to let us by.

That was the last set of taillights we saw until after Narbethong!! :)

Car performed very nicely. Only pulled max 4800 anywhere, and 88% load (Wolf told me so). But that engine (RB25DET) has torque coming out its ears - some corners, the car simply accelerated from relatively low speed in 4th gear. And the hairpins, the car was keen to push through them in 3rd. And that's with the 4.083 Stagea diffs, not the 4.375 GTS4 diffs.

But, yeah, a clean run up the Black Spur - probably never happen in a month of Sundays. :):(:D

Just a tip.  Don't do this run with Blaise and Snowie in the rain!  They are both mad.

I would like to second this one and it looked mighty clear to me that day. Along with the Magnetic Fields, it made for a more than exciting journey :lol: :D Good work ya pair of bar stewards for scaring the crap out of me :lol: