SAU Community

Aircon not heating

Brody

After having a new deck installed, my a/c in on constant cold. While this is fine for now, ill eventually need heat :P

With the temp either on 18c or 32c, the air is pretty cool. "FH" and "FC" doesnt make a difference, nor does the car running for an 5 minutes or an hour....

As I said, its only come about after having a new deck put in. Are there any sensors round that area that could have come out? Any ideas welcome ;)

not sure with the 32s but on the 33s there is a sensor in the dash front left of the steering column.

it looks like a little breather vent and has a hose connected on the other side from memory.

If this hose is disconnected (at either end) and is close by to something that generates a little heat, i guess it could make the AC work for colder temps.

check it out... wont hurt

Check the sensor near the deck, to the right of it. You may have to pull the deck out (not sure what type you put in there, single or double DIN) two wires and a hose to the sensor. This is the interior temp sensor, mine wasnt connected (actually, wires were cut, damn thieves :( ) and only hot would work. Try look, you never know ;)

for now yes...but what about when its cold?

Anyway,

I ripped out the climate control sensor (next to ure left leg) and all works correctly now, bar the climate control. I cleaned the sensor with wd40, hooked it up, no go. So looks like i need a new sensor :(

Any1 have an idea on $?

something would have been disturbed around the control area.

the venturi near the clutch pedal draws air from the sencor in the dash to test you can blow through the pipe slowly.also put a rag over the light sencor.

other problems ive had with my passage [same as later mosels]is the hot water sencor reading cold[on the wrong pipe] so the blend door/heater tap motor shuts off to wait for the engine to heat up.a crook thermostate will do this to.to check the door motor will move a little on start up to let a little water through.then close.

my passage R31 climate control freezes up regular to stop this R32 on have a sensor before the evaporator to compare before and after.if these are faulty or dirty it wil go into defrost and go full heat no A/C.