SAU Community

r32 gtr compliancing

hi just wonderinng what was involved in the compliancing process as my car is arriving next week. i know that the seatbelts are changed. anyone know why we cant keep that seat belt reacher outerer thingamy jigger that stops you having to dislocate your shoulder to reach the seat belt and also stops the seat from wearing?? apparently imported gtr's need an ugly brake light fitted (double sided taped) in the rear windscreen? surely there is something more permanent an better looking? what were the australian delivered gtr's fitted with? side indicators on the front quarters need to be fitted right? does that mean they gotta punch holes into the quarters? whats with that instrument cluster dimmer thing? is that ugly knob the only one thats avaliable? does it need to be done? if there wasnt one fitted before it came to australia, i would assume that is set on its greatest intensity anyway! why would you need to turn it down! its not as if the dimmer is ging to make a difference when you are doing the dirty in the back seat! what else needs to be fitted and or modified? my car is arriving next week from japan. is there anything i should keep or ask to have done? any help would be greatly appreciated.

the dimmer is a load of shit but unfortunaly it has to be done.... maybe you should fit one yourself and just tell the compliance guys you did it...you could use a maxima one or one from a G200 series daihatsu handivan....they are electronic not the old wire type so make sure you wire it up right!I fit the G200 ones to R33 and R34....they almost fit straight in one of the holes in the dash thats usually blanked off....heres a pic...just go to the wreckers and get one...be sure to get the plug off the loom tho....let me know if you need a hand to wire it up...i can send you details on what goes where :) excuse the pic...i had to use the flash!

ylwgtr! that looks heeeeeeaps better than the rubbish they are fitting to them now! i would love to fit something similar or exactly the same to what you have on your car! would it be too much trouble to get the details of how to wire it all up? do you know if the 32 has any of those blanks you were talking about? i havent taken delivery of the car yet. thanks in advance!

Yep I know of them ABM. They are OK. Are you supplying the tyres to them? I reccomend you either tell them the brand and type you want and what price you can source them for. Otherwise they may put on some cheap sh*t Falken 326 and charge you way too much for them. They guys that did mine tried to charge me $1300 for the tyres when I could buy them retail for $840. Another dodgy practise is when you go to pay they try to add GST onto the quote they gave you. (I don't think THOAS will try this but the compliancer who did mine did). Also ask how they install the child safety restraints. Mine cut a big hole in my rear speaker grills and installed a large metal bar directly over the speakers that effectivly destroyed them. Oh and they are supposed to change all the fluids I believe. Mine definately didn't.

r32 gtr, the 3800 dollars that you pay for a compliance plate, does this include the things that need to be done? or is that just for the plate, and the other things on top? what do the other things roughly cost? where do you get your car serviced? i got my car thru a broker and in the price he has set aside 550 dollars for tyres. he said if i wanted anything special that 550 would go towards those tyres. i have narrowed it down to a few brands and models. please tell me what you think. top of the list down. Bridgestone s03 $297 (s02 top the list but apparently no longer available in a 235/45 17 (for vspec rims) ) dunlop fm901 $330, and yokohama advan neova.

$3800 will include the plate and the compliance work.

Extras on top would normally be tyres and Hi flo type cat if you want one.

$550 for tyres is what he would have allowed for the set, your talking prices for ea.

Cheers

Ken

gtr ken, yeah i know that the 550 is for the set. for that price he will prolly give me Nankangs or Gold coin or something. i do want something sporty. i was thinking 235/35 17's. at the moment the rims are 17x8 if i remember correctly. i am thinking of a set of volks later on. does anyone know if 235/45 17's will fit on a 17x9 inch rim? what is the best offset for an r32 gtr? i was thinking 17x9j +22.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

I am thinking of importing a R32 GT-r and have been looking at Japanese Auction Sites. What sort of Money have you guys paid to import yourselves? I am seeing something like $22k-25k Landed and complied roughly.

And speaking of compliancing. Do you guys know of anyone in Brisbane or Sydney who is trust worty to compliance my R32 GT-r if I go ahead?

Also If you know of a good importer. i was looking at SVi but since I am in central NSW, would like to have someone from Sydney since they are closer.

Thanks heeps

No R32 compliance plates available yet under the new RAWS system looking at another 3 to 5 months away! Only way to bring in a R32 GTR at the moment is under the 15 year rule (must be a 89 model).

I was looking at going through jspec to get a 89 GTR at the moment. selling hte GTST and moving on to wwhat I have truly wanted. big decision though, spent heaps on this car

they said they would get it sent here and get it complianced in sydney.

does anyone know places that are good for compliancing here in sydney

mark