SAU Community

Error Codes R34 Gtt Manual 4dr

lowbro

Hi All,

Anyone out there got the guts on what these CODES are that have been thrown up on DATASCAN 1.5 on my R34 GTT 1999?

CODE 16

CODE 17

CODE 46

As far as I can tell these codes do not exist???

I also have CODE 43: THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT - I am coming to grips with having to replace this expensive part, as it is not testing very well and the wirelooms are ripped ;)

Edited by lowbro

• 1 month later...
sounds like you got the same one as me plus a couple. Your issues seems to be your TCS is not hooked up properly. I dont even have TCS and its getting code 16.

Well I am now down to just having to resolve CODE 46, TMS for R34 GTT, I have replaced and set TPS correctly, rewired loom, cleaned all connections points, redone all earth points what a job! Also replaced all fuses throughout car.

CODE 17 is cleared after getting my breaks overhauled, machined and all pads replaced with BENDIX from JustJap, must have been a sensor thing.

Now I just have a bad circuit in Throttle Motor Sensor CODE 46, $190.00 to replace OEM unit so WTH!

I am now very happy with the results, my car is going superbly. PHEW some work I have performed on this car, I feel like an R34 troubleshooting expert now!

Well I am now down to just having to resolve CODE 46, TMS for R34 GTT, I have replaced and set TPS correctly, rewired loom, cleaned all connections points, redone all earth points what a job! Also replaced all fuses throughout car.

CODE 17 is cleared after getting my breaks overhauled, machined and all pads replaced with BENDIX from JustJap, must have been a sensor thing.

Now I just have a bad circuit in Throttle Motor Sensor CODE 46, $190.00 to replace OEM unit so WTH!

I am now very happy with the results, my car is going superbly. PHEW some work I have performed on this car, I feel like an R34 troubleshooting expert now!

I am new to skylines, how do I read the error codes?

I have put the car into diagnostic mode by shorting those two pins to test the o2 sensor (which was fine). Is it related to that?

• 2 weeks later...

Well...how about a code 37? I currently have my "TCS OFF" and "Slip" lights on as soon as I move it out of 'P'. That, I assume is a broken wire, as it gradually blipped in and out until giving up completely.

However, I once tried starting it in 'D', which gave me an engine warning light, this code 37. Engine Off for 4+ hrs, still there, so I cleared the codes, and it stayed away, until this afternoon, came back. no apparent reason.

What does 37 refer to?

Harey:

to read the codes, you begin with the ignition off.

-turn key to 'ON' without starting it. (should have about 20,000 lights lit on your dash about now, including the engine light)

-bridge the two pins for 2+ seconds: top row, last on the Right, of the diagnostic port using bent paperclip or similar. (top row, when plastic cover is at the bottom)

-the engine light will now flash the codes. Long gaps for multiples of 10, short gaps for multiples of 1.

-to clear codes, bridge the same pins for 2+ seconds again, then turn ignition off, and then start engine and check that light is no longer lit.

Edited by nato_wp
  • Like 1