SAU Community

R32 Door Lock Issue

Bsa

hey everyone I have a 92 r32 gtst coupe and my passenger door won't lock properly. It phyiscly locks the door as in the the central locking works but you can still open it fron the outside how can I fix this

What do you mean central locking works? Can you just see the lock on the inside moving.

Have you tried locking the door with a key or from inside to see if that locks the door? Just to confirm if its the lock or not.

What ever the problem is you will have to take the card off and then you can see where its not working

It looks like the inside lock and the central locking are connected to an arm that bolts to the back of lock. Its possible the nut has fallen off and the arm came off the back.

post-52024-0-12801800-1317419580_thumb.png

what has happened most likely is on the door latch itself in the door, where the lock pivot is, the location stud has snapped causing the arm not to swing all the way. i fixed one last week buy lining it all back up and putting a self tapping screw in to hold it. Failing that its time for another latch

Edited by nick81xd

Yeah I can see the door lock I pulled the door card off and had a look and everything looks connected all the rods move freely and look alright it's been like this since I bought the car but now with a DVD player and all new gauges it needs to be fixed. How hard is it to remove and replace the system

Yeah I can see the door lock I pulled the door card off and had a look and everything looks connected all the rods move freely and look alright it's been like this since I bought the car but now with a DVD player and all new gauges it needs to be fixed. How hard is it to remove and replace the system

This should help you out.

http://www.psiparts.com.au/downloads/R33%20Stereo%20Install.pdf

• 4 years later...

what has happened most likely is on the door latch itself in the door, where the lock pivot is, the location stud has snapped causing the arm not to swing all the way. i fixed one last week buy lining it all back up and putting a self tapping screw in to hold it. Failing that its time for another latch

hate to bump this from the dead, but can anyone provide me a picture of where he added this screw, and what he drilled into (door sheet metal, mechanism itself, something?).

experiencing the same problems on my 89 R32 GTST and was hoping someone could shed some light on it.