SAU Community

One Injector Possibly Not Firing?

It could be worth checking the contacts on your ECU plug. I had a similar issue with one injector not firing and it turned out to have a bad connection for that injector on the ECU plug.

I closed the female connection a little, plugged it back in and the problem hasn't resurfaced.

I agree, I have had this head f*ck a few times. It can be a pita to find, depending what pin it is. I swore the issue was dry joints in the ecu last time, but it was just the pin in the ecu plug had opened slightly.

I agree, I have had this head f*ck a few times. It can be a pita to find, depending what pin it is. I swore the issue was dry joints in the ecu last time, but it was just the pin in the ecu plug had opened slightly.

I do know a guy that had the same issue also. He had to re-pin his ECU. Problem solved once done. Just figured it was just isolated deal for him since he swap a RB into a S chassis.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok update

Ive confirmed injectors are all working

I have continuity tested coil pack harness and injector harness.

Does seem to idle slightly better with cas unplugged but still rough

New spark plugs

Compression test came up with all cylinders fairly the same

Injector caps were removed and paint, vct extending out past rb26 belt cover was painted whilst on car, no belts removed everything masked.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i think ive narrowed it down after checking everything twice, i think the timing is out.

Ive the cam belt cover off a few times over the years and never a prob, could it be the cas is just decided to die. Or the wiring loom has finally broken?

I put a timing light on it and nothing lines up, used the white wire going to no1 spark plug.

Pfc is now saying 24deg and then bounces to 16 and everything in between when warm.

• 2 weeks later...

DVS found the issue to definitely timing, belt skipped three teeth, damn lucky to not have caused major damage, so it shoild all be sorted for track day currently getting timed and some stuff replaced... First time to a mech in 6yrs, and im glad i did