SAU Community

Precision 6766 Power Output

Is that with a 6766 ?

Would love to see a see a graph to compare with my 6266

That it is mate. Nice turbo. We use to have a T78 on it but decided to try for some more power as Yavuz at Unigroup kept telling us there was something that seemed to be holding the power back.

Put this turbo on and picked up quite a bit of power and about 8mph which is decent

Have you had it down the qaurter mile ido9s? Is it fairly responsive on the 26 or abit laggy?

I have. I cant drive for crap but the car has run 11.00 with a best mph last time out of 138.5. Will be back out this Saturday with some new tyres to see if i can run a 10 with it.

I think its responsive but having said that the car has had big singles on it for years so i am used to it.

If your worried about lag go the 6466. The graphs above show the difference and had i seen that i would have gone the 6466. I ahve never been able to find a direct comparison as good as that one. Its quite eye opening to be honest

Weapon X, so there wasnt much involved with those 2 graphs other than swapping out the turbo and a little bit of timing? Nothing else got changed? What sort of boost was it running and what fuel?

Edited by ido09s

No other changes just a bit of timing maybe 2 degrees. Pulled the 6766 put on the new 6466 . Same day or night I guess it was late. lol

Boost is 24 psi. fuel is 93 oct we have in the USA. But the nonEthanol 93 is going away

• Like 1

Just did a tune on my rb25/30, 6466 t4 twin gates, 6 boost on e80% and it did 520rwkw on 29psi, 420 on 18psi... Unigroup dyno - stupid amounts of torque and lights up every gear up to 4th on 265 AD08r's response is better than 6766 based on comparisons on supras in the US. Just top end is better on 6766 when its pushed hard.

Just did a tune on my rb25/30, 6466 t4 twin gates, 6 boost on e80% and it did 520rwkw on 29psi, 420 on 18psi... Unigroup dyno - stupid amounts of torque and lights up every gear up to 4th on 265 AD08r's response is better than 6766 based on comparisons on supras in the US. Just top end is better on 6766 when its pushed hard.

graph?

your not heading back to Unigroup any time soon are you? We made 485rwkw but we stopped at 24psi and would love to see your graph with ours on the same sheet. Only difference is ours is a 26 bottom end

I am quite disappointed to be honest in how ours makes its power. Unfortunately i am limited to 24psi due to standard head studs and with the way ethanol fuel is possibly heading i am not really wanting to disturb the head and stud it as it may not be available in the long run.

I had it back out at the drags a week or so ago and it didnt go any better. 60 foot is down ever so slightly due to new tyres, but it just wont run the first half of the track well. Still runs mid 130's mph wise, but it wont run a decent time. 11.3's pretty much all day

Edited by ido09s

• 6 months later...

Hope To have a result to post up here in the next month. Built 2.8 stroker with a 6766 1.0 rear on E85. Will be pushing it till the turbo has nothing left.

Did you end up getting it on the dyno legzy?

Seeing as the 6466 and 6766 are both rated to similar horsepower (900hp and 935hp) I would choose the 6466 over the 6766 every time for that power range, better response and midrange

I see what your saying alot of people like the response and midrange when looking for a turbo, this video is on a rb26 running 22psi it's doesn't seem laggy.

A 6766 on a rb30 would be even better and with more boost [emoji3]