SAU Community

Rb25 fueling issue

So I finally got one issue sorted out and replaced a bad starter. Now I've ran into another issue :/ For some reason my fuel pump isn't getting signal to kick on. I checked at the harness plug at the access panel and have battery voltage and another pin is running like 8.5 volts.  Do the r32 have an inertia switch or something to kick fuel delivery off? Had the car towed home and now can't get it to start. 

I've pulled fuel feed off rail and with key on there is no fuel coming from feed. Checked fuel pump fuse under driver dash, fuel pump and ign relays and checked for power at the fuel pump connector. What else am I missing?

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/forum/57-tutorials-diy-faq/

Have a look at the two tutorials on rewiring your fuel pump. You may get some clues. There is talk of a voltage regulator for the fuel pump (presumably somewhere under the bonnet) but I don't have a Skyline so don't know any more.

Actually always use Google not the search function on this site and you will get loads of info:

Google e.g. "r32 fuel pump control module"

Kiwi I was under the impression that only the gtr's had the fuel pump control module, am I incorrect on this?

Also I checked the fuel pump relay in the boot and it is working properly. I checked the connector and it only has 5.5 volts at the connector with the key on which seems low.  Any suggestions? 

Yes you are incorrect :)

Try a new relay, or just make your own. The factory Nissan wiring and relay are both hopeless. It was made for low current draining pumps. Once you start changing things around its time to upgrade the wiring. 

At the very least run 12 ga power cabling for the pump, if a surge tank is on the list might as well yolo and run 4ga 

So all skyline have the fuel pump control module? Where are they located on the gtst dose? 

I jumpered the relay and checked and have voltage on both pin 3 and 5 however the pump still doesn't kick on.

I did see about wiring the pump straight to batt power which wouldn't horrible as my battery is already relocated to the boot.

My issue is with the relay jumpered the pump should be turning on.  The blue wire with red tracer at the pumo harness connector should be power correct?

More info:

Pulled the fuel cage and verified my pump is good which it is

Blue wire with red tracer is ground for pump (this is grounded to chassis on side of  boot)

White with purple tracer is 12v power to pump

Black is ground

Need to figure out which is fuel level sender and what is the trigger wire for pump

Edited by Ed.williams5

Gonna do the direct feed wiring for the pump today and run it off batt voltage with a relay just want to make sure the white wire with purple tracer is signal wire from pcm

Edited by Ed.williams5

So just an update for anyone following this....went through and cleaned up a huge rats nest of wiring in my pass footwell area and it ended up fixing my issue. Found a bunch of shitty grounds, harnesses for relays with pins falling out and a few bad connections on batt + wires.