SAU Community

Stalling After Intercooler Install

I've had a FMIC fitted in the last few weeks and since i did, ive been having trouble with very low rev drops, and sometimes stalling. its mainly when i put it into neutral coming up to intersections, or just with the clutch in coming up to my drive way. Ive searched a heap of possible causes for it but my car ran perfect before this and it seems like too much of a coincidence to me. Any suggestions??

i dont think ive been blowing smoke. i did actually notice yesterday that the 1st rubber hose coming off the cooler on the passenger side had a bubble in between the metal fasteners were the pipes would meet. this might be the problem.i could have a leak there. i'll play around after work tmoz and get back with the results.

on idle what are ur revs? i had to tweak with the idle on my plenum coz my revs were to low

On idle it is fine. it doesnt hunt at all, and sits on about 700RPM roughly. its only while driving when throwing it out of gear into neutral that the revs drop to nothing and sometimes stalls.

On idle it is fine. it doesnt hunt at all, and sits on about 700RPM roughly. its only while driving when throwing it out of gear into neutral that the revs drop to nothing and sometimes stalls.

I installed a fmic in mine last week too (r32 gtst) - same thing happened with the stalling. But it only did this for about 5 mins - then one of the silicon hoses blew off the piping. Turns out it was just not done up tight enough at one of the joins (must have missed it somehow in the rushed check:)

Anyway, once the connector was done up properly the stalling is gone and the idle sounds much better too. I'd check the connections, especially if one's got a bubble in it.

I installed a fmic in mine last week too (r32 gtst) - same thing happened with the stalling. But it only did this for about 5 mins - then one of the silicon hoses blew off the piping. Turns out it was just not done up tight enough at one of the joins (must have missed it somehow in the rushed check:)

Anyway, once the connector was done up properly the stalling is gone and the idle sounds much better too. I'd check the connections, especially if one's got a bubble in it.

I think i might have fixed it. it didnt do it all this morning driving to work. last night i tried to fix up the bubble and its pretty well gone. think it might be slightly stretched. i spose we'll see over the next few days.