SAU Community

Time Attack Challenge Results

MountainRunner

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want a dry day so I can post some real times :P

I think something that could make the list a little interesting is, if its known, post the 'at the wheels KW' the car is running. Might put a litte different perspective on the list. . . . .

Where are the mods making this Sticky???

Times do tell the story. I have thought about a dyno day for the track day to put rwkw next to lap times for interest.

maccattack - There may be some full days in the pipeline for this year :P

I think we have run out of forum glue to make this thread sticky :D

Edited by MountainRunner

This has probably been asked before many a time. But, I am trying organise me and some friends to come to one of these track days and they are all asking me about insurance, costs licences etc. please can someone confirm the following

Insurance does not cover you if you crash on the track ?

you do not need a Cams liscence ?

its somehting like $110 for the day.

sb..

Generally your insurance does not cover you on the race track. Read your policy carefully or call your insurer.

You don't need a CAMS license as we run under the AASA, which we buy a public liability insurance policy from.

You need to have a Qld Raceway annual license which is $55. You require this to do any motorsport out there.

You need a helmet and long sleeve non flammable clothes.

Your car needs to be in good working order with no fluid leaks etc.

The cost is $120.

If you want to book in a group of mates, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you all the details.

Paul

i disagree, the times will say all they need to

I disagree Michael! You have just finished a major power upgrade if the bits you are selling are any indication. Having spent some money doesn't make you a better driver, it just makes the car faster!! Putting two drivers in the same vehicle is the best way to judge ability. Unless the people know what your car is able to do, they will think YOU are better, not just poorer for having spent dollars on your car!!!! KW tells most of the story. :)

I disagree Michael! You have just finished a major power upgrade if the bits you are selling are any indication. Having spent some money doesn't make you a better driver, it just makes the car faster!! Putting two drivers in the same vehicle is the best way to judge ability. Unless the people know what your car is able to do, they will think YOU are better, not just poorer for having spent dollars on your car!!!! KW tells most of the story.  :)

you were making more power than me on the trackday in march

what did the times say?

Sounds like you guys need a complete solution for this dispute. You could have a system based on not only best lap times on the Sprint, Clubman and National circuits (weighting more on the shorter circuits due to less dependancy on power) but also a consistency segment, maybe discard the fastest and slowest lap time for the day then calculate the distribution of times.

Also, for those who came, how good was that video Brett did of last years track days !!!

Edited by MountainRunner

Oh yeah, what about the Willowbank times?? Did I forget to mention them??

nah i was faster remember

and what are you talking about i was 2 seconds faster than you on sprint

EDIT: haha, just checked the spreadsheet from the march trackday, my worst time in the sheet was equal to your best. nice try oldman. :)

and paul, the video rocked :)

Edited by nF