SAU Community

4,6 & Rotor Meet 25th,26th Feb

GOT BOOST

whats the go with this meet havent seen any threads about it.

any people from here entering?

few of us heading over from perth for a look

will there be any cruises friday or sat night?

or any drift meets over that weekend. last year i caught drags friday and sat and a drift practice day on the sunday

Edited by GOT BOOST

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah from experience the 4,6 and Rotor Cruise is always the biggest of the year i find.

Lets just hope its not as hot as it was last year!

That sucked ass so much!

But seeing Keir run a 8.9 on friday nights testing was the highlight of the weekend!

Yeah from experience the 4,6 and Rotor Cruise is always the biggest of the year i find.

Lets just hope its not as hot as it was last year!

That sucked ass so much!

But seeing Keir run a 8.9 on friday nights testing was the highlight of the weekend!

Everyone able to go one the cruise? and i assume they don't like people being stupid on these cruises -> always read the section in the trading post for the cruise

Everyone able to go one the cruise? and i assume they don't like people being stupid on these cruises -> always read the section in the trading post for the cruise

Well honestly i didn't go on last years cruise but i did the year before and all i noticed was 2 cars get pulled over and the were literally 100's everywhere!

As far as the "behaving" i mean they obviously would like everyone as behaved as possible but that doesn't really happen.

However like i said its the most enjoyable cruise i have ever been on.

I'm planning on entering if everything goes according to plan. I won't be that exciting to watch (low 12 maybe an 11 if I'm lucky) but it should be fun as I've changed quite a bit since last time I ran.

If the last two years are anything to go by it will be a hot one :huh: 2004 - 48'C

Yeah I know what you mean Will. I had a look at the MT Drag Radial while waiting to picking up some bits from Outlaw Speed Shop the other day. They look awesome and with that tread pattern they may even handle a bit of minimal road use - even trundling around in the wet perhaps?

How much for a set (rear only) of 275/40/17? With the money I've spent on the car over the last 6mths I probably shouldn't - but the rears need upgrading/replacing this year anyway :D

Ask Keir - I'm pretty sure that's the size they're using now.

They may even have a few cheap 1/2 used sets lying about before you decide to shell for them.

Down side is although they are radial, and DOT approved, this does NOT make them road legal in SA.

Up side is RWD Commodores have been known to get 1.5x sec 60' times on them - I got 1.74 with my mild combo.

the crown is nuts missed out on it last dyno day :P best of luck with it

Feel free to come and have a stickybeak if you see it out in the paddock at AIR mate. :)

I'm just finishing reassembly this morning after putting a set of ARP 2JZ Supra head studs in it. Given the state of the gasket, It looks like that on boost it's been leaking combustion pressure out cyls 1 & 6 for quite a while probably. (the stock plastic region head bolts a pretty weak)

I've also just fitted up a DC Electric water pump and controller, which will allow me to run the motor about 15deg colder than the stock thermostat-which should deliver a bit more power and allow me to cool the car down between runs.

Seeyou there

Sean

Hook it up and run a 9!!!

I can't wait to see it!

How was your Xmas and NewYears Chops? Good I hope mate.

I'll give it a red-hot go at least. It ran the 10.4 on 20 psi, and has now recorded 447rwkw on 23psi-with the head gasket leaking pretty badly (studs and EWP should deliver another 25-40rwkw.)

I'm changing the diff ratio up to a 3.08 from 3.23 too as was running out of revs. The 3.08 and more power should see it close to (if not over) 140mph-which is parachute territory. :angry::)

See you there :)

Sean