SAU Community

Auto Gearbox

DANSR33

i got a stage 2 shift kit put in by mv auto and i already had a transcooler with the car and im handling just under 200rwkw no probs apart from when u first put it into to d it has a second delay to get in apart from that 2nd likes to lite up all the time its solid

im glad i swapped to manual then

i have 201rwkw now, was originally auto

still stock turbo on 12 psi power fc fmic, AVCR split dump and thats about it. Car is still fairly stockish

the money spent putting in trans cooler, shift kits upgrading internals

in my opinion, manual would be way to go.

Only problem is replacing clutches, but how many times do ya have to do that. Not that often!

Edited by bazr33

I'd disagree.. for a stock autogearbox it takes nearly a large power increase over stock before failing -- which is stronger than most other autos you will ever find in any other car with the exception of maybe the Toyota imports.

I've had no troubles with mine, and I'm not too kind to it.

i got a stage 2 shift kit put in by mv auto and i already had a transcooler with the car and im handling just under 200rwkw no probs apart from when u first put it into to d it has a second delay to get in apart from that 2nd likes to lite up all the time its solid

who does these shift kits?

not sure if i should go in that direction or swap to manual???

Check the group buy section for shift kits.

As for shift kits making it harder on the box - it's the opposite. The changes are happening faster so less heat. heat is what kills autos. I killed mine the day I hit 220rwkw, but I had 190 for a fair while before that and went to the track often which is where I suspect I killed it - HEAT.

I now have a temperature gauge hooked up and am told to keep it below 130 degreesC.