SAU Community

My Car Wont Start

ATTN

Hey im having trouble trying to figure out why my car wont start up

i have a series II gtst

this moring i tryed to start up my car and it wont start does any body know what could be the problem? it starts for a sec then shuts off i need to get this problem fix before weds or ill be catching public transport to work argh

any suggestions would help.

cheers guys

If it starts momentarily and then stops it I would first check for an air leak. Check intercooler pipes, pipe between airflow meter and turbo etc. Failing that check the basics, fuel and spark.

Cheers

Could be the fuel pump. Happened to me once. To check if the fuel pump is faulty, try this.

- Gain access to the fuel pump (it is at the back of the boot. you have to take out the "partition". It is at the far right side of the batteries.)

- Unscrew 4 screw to the pump cover plate

- Get a "malet hammer" - the rubber type, and start knocking at the to of fuel pump while someone keep cranking the motor. If it starts, fuel pump faulty.

yeah thanks for the in put i think it might be the fuel pump however i called autosport for advice cause i cant take my car there i had to breifly explain my problem.

i turn the car on the reds come up so cant be the battery but ill try to start... choke and the engine wont start... reds are still on...

ill have a look at the fuel pump and give it a bang see how i go fingers crossed

Could be the fuel pump. Happened to me once. To check if the fuel pump is faulty, try this.

- Gain access to the fuel pump (it is at the back of the boot. you have to take out the "partition". It is at the far right side of the batteries.)

- Unscrew 4 screw to the pump cover plate

- Get a "malet hammer" - the rubber type, and start knocking at the to of fuel pump while someone keep cranking the motor. If it starts, fuel pump faulty.

thanks mate i tryed what you suggested now it works

just have to say abit of money to get every thing fixed up...

cheers