SAU Community

Finally

Jskyline81

Hey pps.. I have an old nissan datsun skyline 81 model but i have never found one exactly like it.... Its a 4 door c210 with those ugly square lights and it has the ugly square rear lights... Power windows, power steering..its not bad for an old car...its ugly though cause it has 1million shades of silver on it..someone decided to re-spray it with spray cans... <_< ...but anyway, im was wondering if it was possible to put a turbo on it cause the way its running , for a grandma would be pretty fast, but i like speed so its not that good..a vk commy beats it... :D So info on watever i can do to it would be cool...thanx guys..tke it easy..

P.S. Can anyone tell me what the power of one of theses things is..like if it was on a dyno?... and just incase its a sedan.. 6cylinder fuel injection MGC210 motor.. it says it has 142hp on the engine chassis but i seriously doubt that now.. :D thanx..

Edited by Jskyline81

Hey pps.. I have an old nissan datsun skyline 81 model but i have never found one exactly like it.... Its a 4 door c210 with those ugly square lights and it has the ugly square rear lights... Power windows, power steering..its not bad for an old car...its ugly though cause it has 1million shades of silver on it..someone decided to re-spray it with spray cans...  <_< ...but anyway, im was wondering if it was possible to put a turbo on it cause the way its running , for a grandma would be pretty fast, but i like speed so its not that good..a vk commy beats it... :)  So info on watever i can do to it would be cool...thanx guys..tke it easy..

P.S. Can anyone tell me what the power of one of theses things is..like if it was on a dyno?... and just incase its a sedan.. 6cylinder fuel injection MGC210 motor.. it says it has 142hp on the engine chassis but i seriously doubt that now.. :P  thanx..

mine(well one of them) is exactly like it

I dyno'ed mine for a laugh and got 69.8rwkw, the figure you quoted is measured at the flywheel. convert this to Kw and you get 105.89, take around a third from this(drivetrain loss)and you get 70.59rwkw

Where are you located? i have a spare grill and headlights(the round ones) if your keen to lose the squares. i like the square lights.

short answer for the turbo question is yes. they came out in japan with turbos.

but if your going to go to that much trouble id go one small step further and fit an RB20DET, good engine and very easy to get hold of.

Cool..thanx heaps..im located in sydney Cambelltown area.. yeh ive tried looking for a car exactly like mine but i could never find it.. ok so the car is slow?..lol yeh i dnt like my headlights..also the chrome plated triming is cracked around the outside of the headlights so it makes it look worse... Would u happen to know where i can get a new set of bumpers for front and back? cause mine are bent and it doesnt look nice..lol .. Thanx heaps for that info thow, im sure me and my friends will laugh...thnx cya

P.S. i noticed that in your gallery Jason u have tail lights off other skylines.. The double ones...if i was to buy a pair would they fit on mine? :)

Edited by Jskyline81

Would u happen to know where i can get a new set of bumpers for front and back?

wreckers... or try nissan dealers but expect to get laghed at most of the time.

i noticed that in your gallery Jason u have tail lights off other skylines.. The double ones...if i was to buy a pair would they fit on mine?  :)

good luck finding some, but yes they will fit.

lol kool..thnx.. the wreckers near by here have some skylines the r30's and but i dont think they are the same rear lights.. My dad does signs and he made some for this guy close to newcastle i think it was and he has a yard full of these cars and a few of them ar v8's..he races them so im gonna go check out the stuff he has maybe i can find out more info..lol maybe i can bribe him to fit that rb20 or a turbo on my car..lol but chances r slim..thnx n ways..

hey i was just wonderin if you knew about the RB20 engine being put in a skyline like mine..would it be easy or hard? This one guy has done it and he said it bolted straight in but the wireing harness was a nightmare :D so if i was to do it can u give me some tips?.. and would it be easir to just put a turbo on my car or get an RB20DET put in?....Oh and with the RB20 would i have to change the diff too? my mate can get and RB20DET with manual Gearbox but no intercooler for $2,300...do u think thats good?..... :D

Anyways, thnx heaps.. tke it ezy..Jj

ive fitted an rb20det to my 66 skyline gt, now 2,300, seems a bit rich, when i paid only 1650 for mine, best bet is to shop around and get importers to out bid each other.......

secondly, ya might have trouble findin a turbo set up for your L-series Block, cause i know i did, thats why i did a complete engine.

thirdly, i am runnin the orginal diff and its holding up ok, but you should be able to get a centre out of a latter model line......

hope this helps....

Pete

i paid only 1650 for mine, best bet is to shop around and get importers to out bid each other.......

Where abouts did u find your one?..did u get it imported? and yeh thanx i wasnt sure if the diff would be good enough...kool.... oh and is there such thing as a body kit for these things?...lol

curiosity killed the cat but it also made the kittens so theres no harm in asking... thnx..tke it easy

Edited by Jskyline81

• 2 weeks later...

If you want "cheap" grunt do one of the following...

1. Extractors. re-curved dizzy and Twin Carbie's - There should be plenty of twin SU carbs and manifold out there for L24 Engine (I have a set lying arounf in the shed collecting dust). The std single carb is the real performance killer on these engines. Even just the Extractors and Carb will make a big difference.

2. Transplant an L28 EFI - Instant grunt however hard to get hold of and potentially $$$ by the time you get the EFI up and running.

Number 1 would give you a good package that uis still fairly original. If you wanted to go to the next step you could EFI the L24 by using L28 EFI Parts (Might be able to find a blown L28 with all the right bits for the right $$$ ????)

The only "problem" with L24 is that you will struggle to put an after market Cam in it without putting valve reliefs in the bore. (or overboring 1mm). If you do overbore it put flattop piston in and LEAVE THE HEAD ALONE - ie do not plane the head to raise compression as many people do - C210s have a great closed combustion chamber head and with flattop pistons will work really well.

Cheers

Tim

(Owner of C210 Rally Car and L-series engine builder)

• 2 weeks later...

If you want "cheap" grunt do one of the following...

1. Extractors. re-curved dizzy and Twin Carbie's - There should be plenty of twin SU carbs and manifold out there for L24 Engine (I have a set lying arounf in the shed collecting dust). The std single carb is the real performance killer on these engines. Even just the Extractors and Carb will make a big difference.

Why would he want to use twin carbs when he already has EFI?

The model he describes is our C211 as I think Jason will concur.

If you want a bit of help from an old fart I'm in Campbelltown but R30's is my go.

D