SAU Community

Chunky Strut Braces/tower Bars - Post Pics

Hey guys,

Friend of mine will be picking up his 32 GTR within the next few weeks, and we've been trying to source a chunky strut brace, for some reason they all seem to be these stupid pansy thin tube type units with adjustment bolts!

Why on earth would you want an adjustment bolt that can work its way loose on a strut bar?

Can anyone point us in the direction of some nice chunky solid braces? I have a JIC unit in my Supra, attatchment included (excuse the dirt). Really looking to find a couple of brands that make nice solid units like these.

If you have a nice solid strut bar for Skyline, post pics and what brand it is please.

Thanks a lot.

Dan.

post-15024-1137652403.jpg

Considering this is the type of crap most people seem to have on their cars, it has adjustment bolts at both ends! The JIC is definately a hell of a lot chunkier than most. Only chunkier ones I've seen are the TRD Supra and the Nismo R34 GTR.

04_1_b.JPG

Dan.

Edited by Sicarius123

Exactly why does there need to be adjustment though? As far as I'm concerned, if you need to adjust it to make it fit, you have a bent chassis, otherwise it should be a very tight fit to get on anyway to work effectively.

Also, having a screw there it would definately work its way loose eventually on a part that has that much stress put on it.

Front strut bars really do make a decent difference in turn in on a vehicle too, I've noticed this in my car, as well as the few other friends who have gotten decent strut bars.

Dan.

you'll be suprised. Depending on the type of strut brace. If you look at a stock gtr strut brace, there is no way the adjuster can work itself loose.

It's hard ot describe. I dont' ahve a pic either. But imagine that you chop the brace in half. one side of the middle looks liek a bolt thread. The other is liek a nut thread. so it screws into the other side.

You adjust it, then put it on, and there is no way it will change, unless if you take the brace off and adjust it.

/yeah, I agree about the picture shown above. THat thing would literalyl do just about nothing.

if u want to stiffen up things get some sway bars.  im sure theres a limit to how much you can stiffen things with a strut bar hence going any bigger will make no difference at all.  its just all looks after that.

:D

Sway bars don't "stiffen" anything. Well, not in the context of chassis reinforcement (which is what a strut brace does).

try cusco. they are basically exactly the same design as the one on your supra

theres a guy on here selling cusco stuff at reasonable prices, just search cusco should be there...

i totally agree with the fat looking strut brace.

whiteline strut braces do nothing for me, especially aesthetically..