SAU Community

R30 Model Question

mr30_2.4e

Hey guys i was wondering if there is anything different (In the engine department i know panels are differ a bit) between the 1982 R30 Skyline and the 1985 R30 Ti model. (Both are L24E engines) I wanted 2 use the computer out of the older one 2 c if would fix a problem.

I have the Datson Nissan Skyline manel for the 82 model would engine, ecu and airflow meter tests be the same.

Does anyone know the differences in models

Any help would be grate :)

Cheers B)

Edited by mr30_2.4e

Actually the early 82 MR30's used a better version of the L24 , the head had the normal L series exhaust ports rather than the late round type with the cast in "afterburners" . Later cars had the "L24E" skinny con rods and small crank pin cranks . They also used pistons with smaller diametre gudgeon pins which is not a strength thing . Early MR30 L24's had a different type of idle speed bypass on the throttle body but electrics I don't know .

Cheers A .

• 2 weeks later...
there should be no differences, thats weird tho coz all the ti's i've seen have had ca18's

George,

Maybe in the land of the long white cloud, but in Oz all MR30's wether poverty pack's or Ti's, they all had L24E's for power.

According to the parts lists they all carried the same AFM & ECU, if that helps.

And A,

What do you mean about late model L24E's using funny conrods etc etc?

I recently stripped an 85 MR30Ti hatch and in particular, the motor.

The L24 rods have the same crank pin diameter as L28's and standard 22mm gudgeon pin bushes. In addition they use a 9.0mm big end bolt as opposed to the earlier 8.0mm, so I don't understand your strength comment.

Cheers, D

George,

Maybe in the land of the long white cloud, but in Oz all MR30's wether poverty pack's or Ti's, they all had L24E's for power.

According to the parts lists they all carried the same AFM & ECU, if that helps.

And A,

What do you mean about late model L24E's using funny conrods etc etc?

I recently stripped an 85 MR30Ti hatch and in particular, the motor.

The L24 rods have the same crank pin diameter as L28's and standard 22mm gudgeon pin bushes. In addition they use a 9.0mm big end bolt as opposed to the earlier 8.0mm, so I don't understand your strength comment.

Cheers,  D

Correction 21.0mm pin diameter

D