SAU Community

clicking noise

KamikazeR33

i seem to have a clicking noise coming from the clutch just after i start the car

i push the pedal a tiny bit till almost take up point and it seems to stop

a little worried but im not sure if its anything major or just the cable needs adjusting

anyone know the prob?

It may of not been greased when you got your clutch replaced, it's not always as serious as it sounds, they do tend to get a little noisy, if you have not had your clutch replaced get it done (the thrust bearing) then, besides you will no when or it is about to seize.

I have this noise lasts for about 6 seconds after you start car. My mechanics have said nothing about it and people seem to think it may have something to do with auto aerial. My car is automatic so it doesnt have a clutch but i still get this noise ive had it sinc ei bought the car 6 months ago - its done nothing to the performance or wellbeing of car.

nah had a bit of probs with the aircon lately so im guessing its more likely to be that - if it was outside under the engine i wouldnt imagine it would be so clear to hear. Definately more just behind the dash sound

it's just cigarret side black box which controls the Drirection of the wind... with aircon.

I dont know what exactly it does... but it makes clicking nosise when you start up the car and when you change the MODE wind directions etc..etc.

if you can stand the noise then fine... but it does no harm to the car!

cheers

Joe

i got the exact same prob with mine.....!!

i got it checked out by advan and its the clutch bearing.

Doesnt affect performance but makes your car sound a bit rough.

Mine makes a hissing noise when the clutch is in too.

It would cost a a fair bit in labour to fix it cause you gotta get to the clutch so i never get around to doing it.....

chow....Simon