SAU Community

Minor Service Quote

Topaz

I just got a quote back from a workshop, not including labour, for the following:

Slotted Rotors x2 - $500 (no idea what they are yet)(or I can wait 2 weeks and get 2xDBA slotted rotors for $300)

Pads x2 - $135

Master Cylinder - $195

Power Steering Boot x1 - $35

Power Steering Pump - $? no price

Centre Muffler leaking, replace with straight pipe - $90

I have done brake pads before and rotors don't sound that hard to replace either. The master cylinder was reported leaaking because there was a bit of paint stripped away beneath it, it looks fine otherwise. My guess is i could save a lot on labour cost if I do this myself, right?!

cheers B)

I hope you're not referring to the cat? Straight pipes are illegal...

Pretty much everything else you listed you should be able to do yourself.

yeah, GTR's have a second muffler, removing it adds a little bit of noise I was told (kinda obvious), but I don't know if its legal or a good idea!!

$300 total for 2 front rotors ($330 for 2 rear rotors). I don't know what the DBA rotors are, I guess your referring to the series! (ie 4000's etc..) I will try and find out today and let you know. BTW that was direct from DBA over east.

I'll also find out what the other rotors were for $500 a pair...

Well I can't say i've ever noticed a 2nd muffler on my system, then again it's not standard haha. I still have standard dumps at this stage. 3" s/steel to the cat, 3" hi flow cat (came over with the standard one lol), 3.5" s/steel cat to rear muffler....

And yeah that does sound fairly cheap for the DBA's! DBA's are fairly popular performance rotors. For a full set of replacements for r32 gtr (slotted) was going to cost me just under $700 from repco....

Edited by randominsanity73

OK, well the $300 a pair DBA's were just the standard driving brakes, I don't even think they were an x000 series. But I just got word back from Perth Brake Parts in Welshpool and they do street and racing performance DBA4000 slotted rotors, front and rear for $195ea

They also recommended Formula Feroda brake pads for the front which were $130 a pair and just a cheap brand called Lucas for the rears which were $40 a pair (or $40 each, can't remember).

So yeah, if you are after the 4000 series, which are recommended for GTR's because they are a higher grade steel , give Perth Brake Parts a call. I also found out that it was the DBA4000's from Top Racing @ $500 a pair :)

cheers B)

Tom

OK, well the $300 a pair DBA's were just the standard driving brakes, I don't even think they were an x000 series. But I just got word back from Perth Brake Parts in Welshpool and they do street and racing performance DBA4000 slotted rotors, front and rear for $195ea

They also recommended Formula Feroda brake pads for the front which were $130 a pair and just a cheap brand called Lucas for the rears which were $40 a pair (or $40 each, can't remember).

So yeah, if you are after the 4000 series, which are recommended for GTR's because they are a higher grade steel , give Perth Brake Parts a call. I also found out that it was the DBA4000's from Top Racing @ $500 a pair :P

cheers B)

Tom

Those bastards! I just bought a pair of ferodo formula's for the front and they charged me $150! (inc gst). The only reason I didn't quibble with it, was because I didn't have the part number to get a price from my contact that works at repco, and his system was showing 3 different part numbers all for the same year of gtr, for the same type of pads....*growls*

Those bastards! I just bought a pair of ferodo formula's for the front and they charged me $150! (inc gst). The only reason I didn't quibble with it, was because I didn't have the part number to get a price from my contact that works at repco, and his system was showing 3 different part numbers all for the same year of gtr, for the same type of pads....*growls*

ah well, you can't win 'em all. :(

I am gunna head down there to pick up the gear tomorrow afternoon. They don't know this yet, but my dad called them and they have all these things in stock now. First in best dressed (or is it stops quickest :) ).

Thanks stuiE, I will get a quote from them to see how much...and N I B, the rubber in the cap is rotten :P , I ordered a new one from Nissan but how does the worn rubber indicate the BMC is buggered?