SAU Community

How Do R33s Make That Noise

ok, now i've never owned a skyline before so no flaming.

anyway, i've heard some R33s make that really nice soft noise like zzzzzzzohhh or something but they all had stock exhaust. do you get it just by installing a BOV or what.

hope this makes sence

No you won't. If it's the pod filter sounds that comes out when you release the throttle, that's the air venting from the stock blow of valve of which your n/a car won't have.

However, putting a pod filter on your n/a car should give you a nice sucking noise when you accelerate as the air whooshes through. The stock skyline airboxes are muffled, thus the reason you hear no sound from them.

If you want to hear a cool noise, take the lid off your airbox and do a lap around the block. Of course, leave the filter there but without the lid you should be able to hear the sucking noise. A pod filter will sound similar to this but much better.

Yeeha!

mine makes more of a masshoosszzzleeeppphhhtttfffhhggghhmmmmmmzzzzaaappp

you wish! i've seen your car bro and i swear it wasnt makin that noise when i dun seen it. stop makin shit up man. we both no it wz moor of a whoopwhoopwhoopptshhhhhh noise.

yes i know the sound your talking about also. one of the main reasons i bought a line was because the way they sound! even without an exhaust system. My series 2 33 gts-t only has a pod, and dam does it make a sexy hiss to scream sound when it climbs the revs. thinking of not installing an ehaust and leaving it be, some people call it the python :)

My mates r33 gtst didnt make the sound - put a pod filter on and it did.

my my98 wrx didnt make the sound - put a pod filter on and it did (stock other then this too)... as everyone else said.. it is just the pod, some blow off valves will give that noise too... a NA car will never sound like the turbo cars do (by just putting a pod on).

Dayne

its the pod filter

i have a r32 gtst and with a panel filter it was relativeky quiet

with a pod on you can hear the turbo sucking in air really really loud. also the stock blow off is pretty loud with the pod

Edited by DLuded