SAU Community

R32 With Stalling Problem

PLEEZN

i have a r32 gtst which runs perfectly fine for the first 10 - 15 minutes of driving, but after that starts missing badly at low rpm and wont idle, also once it stalls it wont start untill its cooled down for about 5/10 minutes and runs really badly once it starts again. i think it may be the crank angle sensor or maby coils or ignitor module. if anyone could help us out it would be much appreciated. thanks!

i think it may be the crank angle sensor or maby coils or ignitor module.

HEAT=Problem - Easy stuff first - remove coil packs and pull rubber boots off carefully check carbon tips that sit on plugs are OK - (mine were all corroded so I filed them all down to even them out ) and remove and change plugs.

Also completely clean the coils and boots.

Unlikely to be Crank angle sensor I think.

Maybe Ignitor but change plugs first cause they probably have never been changed.

Hope that helps..

thanks, ill try filing down the carbon tips. theyre still the original coils and the cars done 110,000k's so i wouldnt be suprised if theyre shagged. i changed the plugs bout 2 months ago but ill check 'em anyway. the boots are pretty dirty so ill clean them up, put it all together and hope for the best, thanks for the tips!

• 2 weeks later...
thanks, ill try filing down the carbon tips. theyre still the original coils and the cars done 110,000k's so i wouldnt be suprised if theyre shagged. i changed the plugs bout 2 months ago but ill check 'em anyway. the boots are pretty dirty so ill clean them up, put it all together and hope for the best, thanks for the tips!

i had the same problem, change ignition module now running fine

I also have the same problem but diagnosed as AFM connector plug. am looking for a new plug.. i pushed the pins and created a better connection but screwed up again today driving during the heat 1.30pm the oil pressure guage also drops to half. related issue?