SAU Community

Unstable Rear Of Car

when driving, the rear of my car tends to turn at an angle as you're driving straight, but it's only really noticable in the wet.

when i make turns at high speed in the wet the car sometimes feels uncontrollable and dangerous, like it can't follow the corner through and shakes.

it definitely feels like there's something wrong in the back somewhere, i was thinking maybe rear swaybar, hicas or even bushes

someone please help

when driving, the rear of my car tends to turn at an angle as you're driving straight, but it's only really noticable in the wet.

when i make turns at high speed in the wet the car sometimes feels uncontrollable and dangerous, like it can't follow the corner through and shakes.

it definitely feels like there's something wrong in the back somewhere, i was thinking maybe rear swaybar, hicas or even bushes

someone please help

Have you had all the wheels aligned?

As above.Looks like hicas fluid stop the leak and lock it..prolly only a gasket.

While ur there rear strut brace for fun times.works a treat at high speed cornering predictability.Are you still on the stocker tyres?if yes then dissregard what i said.you need low profile tyres imo to really feel it's difference.

A more soild rear end on huge sidewall aka stockers, can make the back end feel uneasy at high speeds.

I noticed that you have the cooling veins on your diff housing.Cool.

cool thanks heaps guys i'll lock that bastard up, i never liked it anyway.

its got 275s all round so it tramlines a bit everynow and then and with the hicas going crazy, it feels pretty shite.

yeh i guess the fins must be a gtr thing.

does anyone know if there's a reservoir for the hicas?

does anyone know if there's a reservoir for the hicas?

Yes there is.

I recall reading something a while ago that this problem appears if you have re-connected the battery while the wheels were not in the straight ahead position. Just my vague recollection.

Yes there is.

I recall reading something a while ago that this problem appears if you have re-connected the battery while the wheels were not in the straight ahead position. Just my vague recollection.

is it the one in the boot? where the jack sits but on the other side? does anyone know how to make hicas centred?

• 2 weeks later...
umm straight? noob when it comes to that stuff.

the tyres are pretty new only a few months old

something is leaking at the back though, i saw this today, looks like the diff is leaking could this be the cause?

Dsc01720.jpg

hi

one of the air bleed nipples for the attesa is above there, if you have lost all your attesa fluid you will have a rwd car so in the wet she wont handle so good. the attesa pump is up there above the diff too