SAU Community

Bali Nine

Bec

Just read this on the net -

Renae Lawrence jailed for life

Renae Lawrence will spend the rest of her life in an Indonesian prison after being found guilty of drug smuggling today.

The 28-year-old Newcastle woman showed little emotion as the sentence was read out.

Prosecutors sought a 20-year sentence for Lawrence, citing her co-operation with Indonesian Police.

She was the first of the alleged drug mules to learn her fate.

Lawrence was found with heroin strapped to her body at Denpasar Airport last April.

Scott Rush is to find out his verdict later in today.

Prosecutors are expected to demand a life sentence for the 20-year-old Brisbane man.

Better than the death penalty I guess.

i for one wouldnt lol

altho HE would be ten times bigger then any of the other women in the prison so he would be able to bash them all anyway.

plus theyre all corrupt over there.... nothing some pocket money from mum and dad couldnt fix to get what u want.

Well they were doing the wrong thing....and as they say - do the crime, you do the time.

One point I will raise though - I'd have no problem with this whole thing if the baliense police had done all the ground work and arrested them. However if the ozzie govmt in any way tipped off the bali police and potenially placed them in front of the death penalty I think is wrong. If they had good evidence that this was taking place, and they got thru the bali airport - arrest them here and then tip of the bali police about the baliense ring members.

I think if you go to another country with the intention of smuggling drugs and you're fully aware of their laws on this (as we all are for bali) and you get caught, then you should think yourself lucky if all you get is a life sentance!

Harsh i know but wtf were they thinking!

Kel

Edited by DVSMUM

I'm of the opinion that if they were stupid enough to traffic drugs anywhere near asia/bali then they deserve what they got, but it pisses me off to no end that almost all of the Bali bombers got much lighter sentences.

<_<

I'd rather be shot than sit and rot in a bali jail for the rest of my life, but then again I don't have to worry because only an absolute farken idiot would even think about playing with drugs in these asian countries.

thats it, better someone else's money IMO.

i agree, so how do we go about getting you shipped elsewhere so all your court cases are funded by someone else? :P

Why would you bring drugs into a country fully knowing that the penalty for being caught was death??

Death would be a cheaper option for Indonesia so they don't have to feed these money hungry sods. Hang em I say but that's just my uneducated opinion of international drug trafficers.

Hope they don't suffer from claustrophobia.