SAU Community

Brand Pronunciation

Rezz

Rezz, lucky you dont live in the UK, hell you would be fighting an up hill battle with this one :)

Dont worry if people knock what you are trying to do, I am sure there are plenty of people that dont mind knowing the correct way to pronounce words. EDIT: and plenty that couldnt give a shit :)

Rezz, another one if you would (cos alot of people do this one different ways)

Kazama

cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the pronounciation may not be important to us, it does at times make a difference to the Japs. Just like for example, saying "lemon" and saying "lay-mon".

It took me almost 4 years of going in/out of Japan, work there, stayed there to finally be able to speak like the local (or so i still think!!)

Anyway, good one Rezz.

Cheers

Steve: Kazama is just how it looks, but there are no 'elongated' syllables, so it's "Kah-zah-mah" with all syllables of equal length.

English speakers generally elongate the middle syllable and say "Kah-zaaaaaaaah-ma" which sounds really miss-pronounced to Japanese people. In the same way alot of people say "Owe-SAAAAAA-kah" instead of the proper "Oor-sah-kah" (Osaka).

But correct pronunciation of Japanese words and names isn't something that we as Aussies are expected to know, and actually mispronouncing Japanese words sounds really cute and funny to them... so fellas start speaking bad Japanese to the J-girls :domokun:

And remember:

baby.jpg

:lol:

HAHAHAHA, I've heard of silverside... veal is beef too right?

yeah it is the meat of a calf

it doesn't matter what anyone calls anything cos once you've put a different accent and cultural approach its gona change ayway, as long as its understood what is meant, who really cares

Edited by MspecR33

English speakers generally elongate the middle syllable and say "Kah-zaaaaaaaah-ma" ...

yeah, thats the one I hear all the time, the only problem I find is when its pronounced properly, people look at me strange, and after I have said it a couple of time, i then get "oh, kahzaaarma" (I have a kazama tabin :) )

perhaps

movies have technical directors that provide info like that to the script writers

either the product never existed, or they weren't doing there job

Edited by MspecR33

this is funny . teaching people to pronounce things properly , heres mine .......aust tray lia . hav'nt met an aussie yet who could get that one

kermit

Usually, Ors strar lya :laugh: