SAU Community

Speaker And Sub Balance

SPRNTN

ill be purchasing an average system which includes:

L7 kicker 750w Rms

im limited to space on the cars doors, in the front i have 6" space and rear 4"

wat speakers are recomended to balance out the treble to bass ratio. i want clean treble and ball busting bass

i dont know if you will get "ball busting" bass with only a 12 inch, but nonetheless...

get a good two way 6inch and make sure you do the levels correct... it doesnt have to be that great, it should sound pretty good in the front without much cost... your going to need a good high end 4' to deal with the bass, these are hard to come by... but you dont sit in the back, so must people dont care...

http://www.strathfield.com.au/ViewWebDealP....asp?ProdID=992

these wil do good to keep the mid and high end correct in the front...

http://www.strathfield.com.au/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=706

and these are good for your back...

they pump out the mid well, just dont let too much bass get to them, or you will be wasting power...

i can only assume you know how to level your speakers to your liking...

hop this helped!

Would the bass-capability really be an issue if you run a sub?

In my previous cars, i've tuned the head-unit flat for the speakers, so they each do their own thing (3-way speakers) with their crossovers, and used the sub to make the low-end sounds that the smaller drivers cannot.

This almost guarantees that you won't get distortion from the smaller speakers, as they have less frequency to cover (no bass, just mid and high). And as another bonus, your doors will stop rattling! =-D

thats what i meant, you read it wrong, or i wrote it wrong...

i mean the small speakers have to be able to deal with the bass... coming from the sub right behind the pasenger... so they need to be able to put out enough mid and high end sound...

its the mid levels coming from a 4inch speaker that are hard to get... having bass going to those speakers will just distort the mid levels and waste power...

if you are not woried about the people that sit in the back or your not planning on running 5.1 dolby for dvds dont worry about rear speakers you will get better sound quality. i dont run rear speakers in my gtr or the capri. the money you can save you can get a better amp for the fronts or better 6inchs.

mr 32

im gettn kinda stressed i cant tell the size of the speaker in the rear. the fronts are 6 inch.

the rears are 4x6 or 5x7.

so ur saying that i can get my mids and high off all 4 speakers with no problem and also balance treble to bass.

the sub is very bassy from wat ive been told.

if not ill juz have to buy tweeters and run em off the head unit. yall have been helpfull thnx

The system im going to purchase soon will be consisted of:

12inch sub 450w and above rms.

monoblok to support

6inch speakers

5x7 or 4x6 speakers

4 channel amp to support

headunit with a lot of features to control sound

wiring

im lookin at a 2g price range.

gimme sum ideas yall

i like listening to rap n also techno.

Ok...

This is what I would do. If you already have rear speakers, keep them. Run them off the head unit, its rear fill dont worry about it.

Front speakers, get a resonable set of splits, your ears will thank you for it $300 or so. Get some sound deadener, and wack lots of it in the front doors. This will help your midbass. See the front are meant to be able to play mid bass too, not just mid. So this will help mearg in the sub bass better. As technically all sound should be coming from in front of you... Like a stage!

See, a sub is just for that, sub bass. Bass that is non directional, say 80hz and below. And its only as bassy as you turn it up, I honestly cant see you needing that much power, I got a 300w 10inch JL and I've never really streched its legs and its easy loud enough.

As above. If you run the speakers from the headunit, then you can tool around with the settings as much as you like, because the RCA outputs to your amp (which drives the sub) are a "line-level" output that is not affected by your bass/mid/treble settings on the headunit.

The amp will almost certainly have a variable crossover built into it, where you can cut out the higher end frequencies going to the sub.

If you are running the speakers from the amp, then you should look at a 5 channel amp, so each set (front/rear/sub) are independantly adjustable.

Your last option, if the smaller speakers are getting too much bass, is to buy a bunch of resistors and work out which ones you need. Wire the right resistor into the positive of each wire going to the smaller speakers, and you should be able to cut the bass right out!

I wired in resistors and capacitors to my home theatre speakers to seperate bass/mid/treble (same way a passive splitter does). They work a treat!

wat yall think of rockford fosgate?

i can get all this for 3 grand. tell me if its worth it

rockford p4004 4 chan punch amp

rockford p12 12inch x2 in enclosure

rockford p162s 6inch splits

5" speakers ranging from 150 to 200 bux

8 gauge 4 channel cable kit

mongoose m80 alarm

all fitted for 3grand

and soundstream monoblock to support the subz

tell me if its worth it? would be very appreciated

I think that you can get a lot better for that price. e.g. there is no need to buy a rockford amp. check out the jaycar amps. very good amps at a great price.

Also, I don't think you'll need 2x subs. from your user name, it says that you drive a corolla. THat will be fricken crazy loud. Just one good quality 12" will suffice.

Have a look at some other brands. THere's no need to buy everything in one brand. check out focals and hertz.

I also personally like the jaycar kevlar speakers.

wats a gud shop in sydney. wats a gud brand. ive changed my mind i wana spend 2 grand.

for 2 grand wat brand and setup is recommended. i love bass so i want as much as i can get.

i need 6inch splits

5 inch speakers

sub

amp for sub

amp for speakers

headunit

i have used doran pro audio in the past. talk to tony he will tell it to you how it is and what you need, no bs just the facts. tell him norm with the black capri sent recommened you.

www.doranproaudio.com.au is there website you can get there details there.

mr 32