SAU Community

Idea For 'for Sale' Division Of Skylinesaustralia.com

I'll put in mine "the moon"

i think you'll be able to get an accurate postage figure then wouldnt you?

Yeah, well if enough people acted like pricks (as you suggest), and gave ridiculous locations, it might be necessary to compile a for sale forum design that necessitates the selection of a location. The only locations would be the states and territories of Australia, and if none were selected, it would not allow your item to be posted for sale.

Then time-wasters that would like to say something like 'location - moon' would have to take it somewhere else.

And I can't imagine a single soul who'd complain with that?!

Edited by Johnny Cash

And I'm STILL waiting on pics for around 5 to 6 items for sale...

It might disadvantage sellers to have to post pics with items for sale, but if they end up having to do it anyway, then I don't see any real disadvantage.

Plus, isn't the buyer MEANT to have an advantage, to balance the fact that he / she is parting with their own cash?

I say make pics a rule for each item for sale, and create (if the web people have the technical prowess) a drop-down menu selection for location, so no stupid suggestions can be put.

Without these two requirements fulfilled, nothing goes for sale.

Now we're cooking!

The idea of forcing sellers to post pics is great, but ..

Realistically, it's up to the seller to make their sale. This forum is a place to sell your goods for free, and if you have an item for sale and desperately want it sold, you would obviously go to the efforts to take intricate photos and make sure the item is portrayed at its best.

Stock items that most people don't need photos for have obviously been replaced with newer/aftermarket parts by the seller for one, and obviously also means the seller isnt desperate for the sale therefore there is two reasons in one as to why the seller wont have to post a pic.

Whilst it might make it easier for the buyer to see photos before they decide, it is really the job of the seller to make use of what we have here. If you dont like an item becuase you cant see a photo, either ask the seller for the photo, or move on. Maybe even try to buy locally? If they cant take a photo, ask to view it in person (obviously with the interest in purchasing the item)?

It's great to further develop the for sale section, and im all for it, but like I said, if you dont like the item because it doesnt have any photos, noone is pressuring you to buy it, and its not SAUs responsibility to ensure sales.

Edited by knifebunny