SAU Community

18x8.5 +20 And 18x9.5 +20 Wheels On Gtst

I have done a search as much as I can with the slow ass dial up I am currently using and have come to the conclusion that +20 offset in wheels 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 will not fit a R33 Gtst. I have been considering a second hand set of wheels in this sizing and the seller is convinced it will work.

Can an idependant source confirm/deny for me that it wont work without pumping the guards.

Thanks

Won't work - compared to stock the fronts will pop out by 30mm and the rears by 42mm. The stock guards cannot handle this extra width.

Ok, I will be able to give you a more definative answer to this real soon as I am trying to fit 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 with +25mm offset. :D But to tell the truth, I am pushing it how it is.

Not quite 20mm offset but close. To tell the truth, I am pushing it how it is.

I have rear guard rub, getting them rolled shortly to see if this stops. And the inner gurds rub when cornering tight turns, looking at trying to remedy these probs.

With a +20mm offset, I doubt you'll fit em as they'll stick out a further 5mm, depending on type of rim and tyres.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Just thought I'd add that my car is lowered 50-60mm on Tein shocks and springs.

Edited by rocketboy

Yep, I think you'll be pushing sh#t up hill if you try to fit those suckers on. I am having front guard rub , rear were lipped/rolled and are now fine though. I have a 235/35-19 on the front, I might try a smaller tire (225/35-19 0r 30 profile) to remedy this problem. I really don't want to give up these rims!!

Yep, I think you'll be pushing sh#t up hill if you try to fit those suckers on. I am having front guard rub , rear were lipped/rolled and are now fine though. I have a 235/35-19 on the front, I might try a smaller tire (225/35-19 0r 30 profile) to remedy this problem. I really don't want to give up these rims!!

Yeah not going with them now.

Have decided on 35 and 38 offsets. Wont be as deep dish look but will fit.