SAU Community

Computer Jargon

Madaz

is that cable Damo looks like It :(

789475583.png

yeah Nick this is a long thread but still relevant :rofl:

im due for a new PC but i think my CPU or mobo has died will pull it all down this weekend and swap cpu into this PC as a process of elimination

in other news unlock hidden cores in your Phenom's

Source

is that cable Damo looks like It :(

789475583.png

yeah Nick this is a long thread but still relevant :rofl:

im due for a new PC but i think my CPU or mobo has died will pull it all down this weekend and swap cpu into this PC as a process of elimination

in other news unlock hidden cores in your Phenom's

Source

ohh, i've got phenom *clicks link*

Well, my PS3 just gave me the equivalent of the red rings of death. It WILL be getting fixed, however, as its a 60gb model and im keen to have a backwards compatible version!

Well, my PS3 just gave me the equivalent of the red rings of death. It WILL be getting fixed, however, as its a 60gb model and im keen to have a backwards compatible version!

Sucks to hear Damo, hopefully you can keep the compatibility!

Been playing around with Pingtest.net, the only thing that sucks is the closest server to Adelaide is Canberra. I guess it would give you an idea for online gaming though.

15273496.png

cable and adsl both cost the same from Hellstra :down: would be good if there was a higher upload speed on cable

I might work for them, but i sure dont use them :D this is me on node dsl2... surprised its that high cos i didnt turn the torrents off

790385196.png

15280451.png

Why did you white out the server and ISP?

I whited it out because I don't really want people knowing where I work and where I did that test.

looks like the throttled bandwidth my mate gets at the hosting company he works for... he is only allowed 100mbs to his personal torrent box in the server room

Yup - the reason it was 'only' 70mbps is because that's all staff get to their desktops / laptops. Your friend probably works the same place I work at and did that from. On a related note, if he is working there - policy changes mean he has about about 10 days till that privilege is taken away from all staff. I know my personal machine will be removed by that time. :D

Seems to be an annual thing with me lately....here's my latest build which'll be out of date this time next year no doubt.

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

Intel i7 930

Zalman CNPS 10X Performa CPU Sink & Cooler

Corsair Dominator GT 1600Mhz Triple Channel Low Laytency 6Gb

A-Ram Ultra II SSD w/- SF1500 Sandforce Controller 200Gb

Sapphire Toxic OC Vapor-X ATi Radeon HD5850 1Gb

Silverstone Modular 80 Plus Silver 850W PSU

Fractal Design F2 Insulated Mid Tower

....and the missus is freaking out at the moment whilst perusing the invoices :D:down:

my boy does unfortunately

I do alot of cad work and video editting which would still be overkill.......but everything I ever buy is overkill, lol.