SAU Community

Petrol Usage

ian

Well I did the good old, fill it up drive around a bit and then fill it up, and brendan worked out I got 14L per 100kms, which aint bad, not that good either, but not bad.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get around 15L/100kms which I'd expect for my mods and the fact it's an auto....and that I boot it everywhere.

You are such a tool dan!! Go back to your own section fewl :):huh:

just did a reasonable roadtrip and got 550klms from a tank including around 80klms of town driving from full till the light came on so that would be around 9 or 10ltrs per 100klms? but thats with pretty much stock everything.

On the way from Brisbane to Rockhampton got the following figures:

420kms out of 52.72 ltrs (half town, half highway)

315kms out of 35.16ltrs (All highway)

And man-o-man the rockhamptonites must be getting sore necks by now....... It's like they have never seen a wagon that sneezes ;)

On the way from Brisbane to Rockhampton got the following figures:

420kms out of 52.72 ltrs (half town, half highway)

315kms out of 35.16ltrs (All highway)

And man-o-man the rockhamptonites must be getting sore necks by now....... It's like they have never seen a wagon that sneezes :devil:

420kms out of 52.72 ltrs = ~12.55l/100kms,

315kms out of 35.16ltrs = ~11.16l/100kms

Dude, these are excellent figures!

Yeah the day before I came up here I had Mercury do a "highway cruise" tune and they did an excellent job eh, there is a tiny issue with it but considering the fuel economy I get while cruising at ~100kph I am more than happy with the results.

Just goes to show what the pfc is capable of for future tunes.

Ive still got a stock ECU and i can get 11L/100 on the freeway.

Not sure whats happend as when i first got the car, i couldnt do better then 14L/100 freeway and 17L city. Now, i get 11L highway and 15L city....interested to get the ITC and DFA tuned

i get between 300 and 350 from 50l round town

400 to 500 on a trip

when i tow my 32 i get about 250 to 300 per tank(60l) does this seem right, what do others get while towing? i've got an safc to go on it before i go down to sa for the first round of the drift australia championship. i'll post up results when i get back

On another note, the other night while driving about 450km of mixed hard driving, cruising at near the speed limiter (~160 most of the time) and city/town, from 68L I got 470km

(I took a jerry can with 15L with me)

So somewhere around under 15L/100. I was quite impressed as there was LOTS of time spent at 5000rpm+

hmmm im getting 200km from a full tank in city driving and 400km for highway driving.... i thought this was normal but obviously im having some dramas. Im not getting any backfire etc (well occasionally when changing down gears and slowing down) but i didnt think i was running too rich.... im having some fun parts put in soon so hopefully with the retune ill run more power and better fuel, 200km off a full tank is rediculous

• 1 month later...
SK reported improvements of around 1L/100 after the DFA was installed.

I am certain it would make a massive difference. I think I might give the DFA a quick tune for the time being after I install the turbo, until I can afford to get the cams/unichip done. At least I will get a bit more power and better economy until I can afford it.

what's a DFA?

• 3 weeks later...

One thing to keep in mind looking at this thread, is we've got at least two types of stageas being compared - series 1 versions (which I have) and series 2 versions (neo engine?) , then also possibly some later model ones with the VQ series engine ? If there are people comparing fuel consumption of the VQ series engine with the RB, I reckon the VQ will win hands down, as anyone who has owned a Maxima will attest, they are fantastic engines and very efficient.

Unfortunately, I have an early model, series 1 stagea, and was initially appalled at the fuel economy of the stock vehicle. Now after 18 months or so of ownership, we're consistently getting 520 to 540 km out of a tank (55-58 L fill). Mostly commuting, and running around in short to medium trips, rarely in peak hour traffic. If you want to know what I put this down to, it includes (in order of merit)

Jaycar Digital fuel adjuster -- don't leave home without it, worth about 10% improvement

Revised valve body for the auto from the guys in Adelaide, worth about a 10% improvement I reckon

behaviour - light foot and drive around with converter locked up in overdrive as much as possible

3 inch free flow exhaust and K&N panel filter - let her breathe

Iridium spark plugs - they extend the lean misfire limit allowing me to tune the DFA leaner at cruise.

keep tyre pressures above 35 psi (heavy car)

These are the mods that have got us from the original 15-17 L/100 km when we bought the car, to the now manageable and repeatable 10 - 11 L/100 km. In fact, we now get the same fuel economy towing my gazelle and trailer (total 1500 kg) than we did with the original stock car in an unladen state ! Not bad for a series 1 RS4 auto.......

In fact, I haven't been on a long run since the valve body upgrade in the auto, which has made such a dramatic improvement in performance and economy, that I reckon next time we go for a long drive, a high 9 L per 100 km will be on the cards for sure.

Quick question, when does the fuel light come on? Is it when the actual fuel gauge is showing at or below Empty?

I don't wanna find out the hard way that my fuel light doesn't work - unless I carry a Jerry Can around (which I'd rather not do).

In my old Corolla, the fuel warning light would come on as soon as it hit a quarter tank, so I always knew where I stood.