SAU Community

Cruise this sat night... 1st March

SmoothLine

Just something to think about (and something that caught me off gaurd today) is that some of the roads up there flood with very heavy rain fall.

So if we are going over any roads with little floodways and its been raining all day it could get a bit dodgy for people with cold air induction :(

John

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nismogtsx

can someone post a "Whereis" for me as i have not been to the new park lands before... Never wanted to... So if u can do that ill be there... And i have a CB so im laughing....

Channel 16 it is....

romastreet2.jpg

The blue line represents the road in the parklands, you can get in 'the top' from whickam tce or down the bottom from roma street. If you're coming in from the bottom off roma street, you will go around a round about, through a little tunnel then at the pseudo Y junction go up to the right. That should find you on the little road with all the carparks along it (with us in them :D

mesmer when i went and did the course the other day it was alright, so long as we dont get any flash flooding between now and saturday, it should be just fine, i dont really like the idea of driving my skyline through a flooded road either.

from what i understand the rain is sposed to clear off till about mid week next week

Guest neoGT-25

im there... my first cruise... :)

my dad will be driving tho and he hasent got a lead foot so ;) we will be at the back probebly :D

oh but guys... i dont have a cb radio so what to do about that? and also, BelGarion could i pretty please get a copy of the path map?

cant wait :D so to get it right... coomera bp at 7:15pm :)

oh can you guys please let me and my dad catch up to yas :)

thanks all... byes :burnout:

Guest sky|ine

Yep, a 4 door too. There was a link posted to an awesome drift video of this car and an s15 a little while back. One of the best clips ive ever seen...

ok, well the first set of directions could use some clarification so here we go.

the goldcoasters are still meeting at bp coomera at 7:15 and departing to head to roma st at 7:30. we should be at roma st around 8ish or so.

everyone meets at roma st around 8:30, chances are we will leave roma st at around 9:30 or so.

from roma st we will procede to the riverside expressway which becomes the M1. we follow that till EXIT 34 "beenleigh north". there is a large roundabout, follow this round till you see city road. this cruise is also marked the most part by route numbers, we are following route "92". After the roundabout there is a set of lights, we turn right at these lights onto logan street. follow this road straight through the first roundabout. then right at the next roundabout into "beaudesert - beenleigh road" this is still route "92".

18k from the exit(not sure of accuracy) there will be a 7-11. i dont see a need for us to stop here, but we can amend that on the night.

31k there are 2, "1 lane bridges" at the time we go through i wouldnt expect there to be much traffic.

39k left turn onto "tamborine mountain road" here the route number becomes route "95" to give you a little bit of an idea of a land mark there will be a soccer field on the left side of the road just before the intersection.

43k mark is about the begining of the hill climbing bit

48k mark there is a bit of a narrow pass, road gets pretty winding as well. at the top of this hill section there will be a intersection with some shops on the left, continue straight ahead.

50k mark continue on this road left round through the village, if anyone is confused with this section ask at roma st, ill point it out to you

53k mark, there are some carparks and bbq areas on the left and right here, im advising we stop here to regroup. we will start out again once we are sure everyone is in the bunch. if your lost, you will probably realise it :D

55k mark we are turning RIGHT down "White road" it comes up pretty fast and it looks like a normal residential street (locals will probably crack the shits after a pile of skylines go past late at night) this road changes from "white road" into " main western road"

58k mark theres a sorta steep decent. There is 2 sections where there are some traffic lights and the road is a single lane, the group will possibly get split up here, the road is a bit rough ect too. theres some sharp hairpins and a few other assorted bends ect on this stretch.

60k mark there is a military training area on your left, so yeh, dont think it will affect us much.

62k mark there is a one way section give way

64k mark u come to an intersection, turn LEFT towards the goldcoast. this becomes route number "90" ok just up ahead there is a cemetry and a refuse station, a heap of traffic islands ect, FOLLOW ROUND TO THE LEFT. from memory the area will be lit with street lights. we are going to be going straight through the land warfare center, its a pretty decent stretch of road.

73k mark turn RIGHT onto "clagiraba road" this is another one that sneaks up on you so keep ya eyes out. theres a little causeway

75k mark there is a crest that sneaks up on you, and it is there, i went over it and i didnt know it was coming and it surprised me. we follow clagiraba road straight ahead for a little while

79k mark you will come to an intersection, turn RIGHT towards "murwillumbah"

follow this road along to advancetown road. follow this road along use some caution cause there are some bends that are very dangerous on this road. up over the dam wall and there is a parking area on the far side just before the roundabout, regroup there, and stop for a bit of a lounge around.

from there i will lead the way to shell mudgeeraba.

any questions i will address, i will show slip the course in my refidex, no doubt he will be leading the most part. if you are lost, or need help, sing out on channel 16 or my mobile number which i will hand out on the night.

Originally posted by BelGarion

the distance markings may not be accurate but if you follow the directions step by step you should be fine, and if all else fails follow the person in front of you, the green skyline would be a good one to follow :D

Although I've cruised this way myself before, I followed your instructions with my computer version UBD, and the directions are great.

Guest neoGT-25

hehe true... ummm me and my dad wont be driving to Roma street with you guys so where do we meet you fot the Tamborine Mountain part? and also i had an idea... after we go to Hinze dam... could we pretty please go through surfers? :innocent: :P

the sight of tons of SKYLINE's going through surfers one after another would be so beautiful! we wouldent have to cruise there long, even once is good ;) what do you guys think?

:( mmm im in love with SKYLINE's

bye all :burnout:

meh...

Just a suggestion, instead of going via Beenleigh, if the cruise stopped at Yatala BP the GC guys would have somewhere to meet the Bris guys. Then everyone could head out Stanmore Road (which is directly opposite BP, off the roundabouts near the Yatala pie shop). Stanmore Rd then joins onto Beenleigh - Beaudesert rd just after Windaroo.

This would be easier than trying to meet up somewhere else on the way, and means you could avoid going through beenleigh :P

Well, the revised set of directions didn't mention the bp at coomera, so where do us gold coasters meet up with the pack? and what time? By the sounds of things you guys are turning off before the coomera bp.