SAU Community

Apexi Turbos

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knows much about apexi turbos? I just found (after 6 months owning my car), that I have an aftermarket apexi turbo!! I never noticed as it's a low mount, and tucked away behind heaps of stuff! :/

Does anyone know whether they are a good turbo or not, compared to the likes of Garrett etc.

I'm trying to find info on apexi turbos but i cant find much at all.

Any help would be appreciated! :D

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knows much about apexi turbos? I just found (after 6 months owning my car), that I have an aftermarket apexi turbo!! I never noticed as it's a low mount, and tucked away behind heaps of stuff! :/

Does anyone know whether they are a good turbo or not, compared to the likes of Garrett etc.

I'm trying to find info on apexi turbos but i cant find much at all.

Any help would be appreciated! :D

You must have thought that the stock turbo on the R33 was pretty good!! It sounds to me like it would be a AX53B70 P25, I have one of these to go in my R32 with an RB25. I have not fitted it yet but the previous owner made 236 RWKW on only 12psi!!! The only other result I have seen from an RB25 is 268RWKW at 1.2 bar (But stay tuned mine is going on in around 2 weeks :D ) . I was told when I was looking around that this turbo is roughly equivelent to a HKS 2535 but in reaality it seems to have better response and a better top end. So in short yes it is a very good turbo! What other mods do you have cause your car should be obviously faster than a stock turboed car!!! I will attach some pics of my turbo (May help with identifying!)and the dyno graph from the old owner!

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

Dyno.jpg

Holy craaap thats awesome! :/

When I bought the car (from a private importer, i'm the first aus owner) the guy said "yeah it's got a stock turbo in it"

Other mods that came with it:

Apexi Power FC + Controller

Apexi Boost control kit for PFC

Apexi GT Spec Intercooler

Apexi Strut braces front+rear

Apexi N1 Spec Coilover shocks

Apexi Exhaust

I got it dyno'ed today at UAS at 185.2kw @ 0.9bar, and the guy said "Its in DESPERATE need of a tune (like 13-14 AFR all the way thru the range.. waaay too rich)" He also said "Has it got an aftermarket turbo?" when I said no, he said "Are you sure!? cos you have a VG30 Air sensor on there... plus different IC piping, so it looks like a bigger turbo has been on there at some point!" Hence, why I decided to look!!

I cant see the red tag unfortunately.. I wont be able to see it unless i dismantle half the engine bay! I may just do that for peace of mind

Thats great! what a bonus! Haha

I'm gonna get it tuned and boost it up then!!

Well bunta I hope all goes well, good luck with the install. please keep me posted on your progress! :D

Thanks for the info

do these turbo's fit up to the standard exhaust manifold and dump pipe flange?

my mates r32 rb20 came over with this turbo (ax53b70) and a stock manifold and stock dump/front pipe so its a direct bolt on 380hp turbo.

do these turbo's fit up to the standard exhaust manifold and dump pipe flange?

Sure do, If you buy new you get al the lines you need too! Unfortuneately I bought second hand and I am missing two water lines. But for what I paid for it I dont care!

• 4 months later...

ounds like you have the same problem as me ay,

got it for a steal but didnt come with oil or water lines.. grrrr but did get stainless steel manifold and dump pipe..

is the dump pipe a genuine apexi item R33 KRAZY?

I'm asking this as im saving for an AX53B70 from Greenline as we speak but the information provided with the turbo kit is scarce.

Edited by MintR33

no worries. If you dont mind would you be able to keep us updated with your progress with the turbo as it seems there is little information about these on the forums so anything I can get would be great :blush:

will do.... it unrego'd as we speak but soon as i get the lines an my new fmic.. will let ya know how she goes compared to standard... like how soon boost comes on etc etc.....

will keep in touch