SAU Community

Yellow Sticker

Driver

I got pulled over today for having a too loud exhaust i havnt had the exhaust for that long either and it already has 2 resinators but didnt really effect it much, is it worth putting more resinators in it?

And wat is the Db limit for an exhaust?

db limit for the exhaust is 90 db.

Go to an exhaust center and tell them to decrease the db to legal limits. Once you have passed your epa test ask them for some kind of certificate, this usally has a diagram of your exhaust system. If you get hasselled by the cops again (Oops, sorry cops :) ) just show them the certificate.

• 2 months later...
Guest badmamajama

Can someone offer some information on resinators?

I own a 92 Nisaan Silvia and have just had a full 2 1/2 inch system with dual 4inch tip magnaflow exhaust and pacemaker extractors, hi-flow cat and the thing now sounds a little louder than i anticipated, also to the point where the cabin noise is quite irritating. I don't want to get nabbed by the boys in blue (providing i drive carefully and responsibly, that shouldn't happen...) and don't want a headache either. It has given it significantly more power and has the sweetest note, but don't want everyone to hear me coming from 5 blocks away.

What are resinators and how many should help tone it down?:uh-huh:

Also, will this affect the cars power/performace?