SAU Community

Who has got a bike??

OK a couple of words of wisdom: :mad:

Be like Mulder and "Trust no-one!" there are SOOOOOO many f**ked drivers and it only takes a moments inattention from the good ones for you to be toast!:eek:

Get on a Ducati ASAP, life will never be the same again!:) took it for a burn today "YEAH BABY, YEAH!":devil:

Well to the best of my knowledge, they don't make a 250 'catti and I ain't got that much money....

I think a 250, or even a 150 depending on money. Wonder if I went to like a Honda shop and asked for a test ride if they'd ask for my license ???

I own a CBR900 FireBlade and my wife has her P's and she has a CBR 250 FairyBlade. My wife has just been through her L's & P's course, do yourself a favour and don’t by a sports 250cc first. Their long wheelbases make it difficult to do the test in and you are most liable to drop the bike in the first 3 months. So buy something that is a "Licence getter", that you can afford to lie down. If you do a standing drop on a fairing bike and expect to get it back to original $1000- $2000 in cost.

Bikes are great and much more exciting than my GTR, but we only use our bikes to drive to the track and ride on the track. Heaps more fun on the track and heaps more speed, and no cars!

It is dangerous on the roads, you are 5 x more liable to have a serious accident than a car, but be defensive, use freeways, be visible and ride in groups, with the main advise don’t go fast. Contrary to what everyone thinks, cars brake and corner better then bikes, its a simple fact of ground rubber. In perfect conditions a bike will out do a car, but as we all know our roads are not perfect.

Guest Rhino

I have always thought that if you want to go fast the get yourself a bike.............

That was up untill a month or so ago. I saw a motorcyclist die on a road not 50 meters from me whilst I was getting cash out at a ATM. A Really wierd experience to say the least. Bottom line is whilst riding a bike on the road you are only as safe as the farken tool in the car next to you lets you be. Since that day I am paranoid about checking my mirrors for bikes, but the reality is most motorists cant see past their nose. Be careful.

Pessimism off. ;)