SAU Community

Redline Motorsport

' Max Power

I went past Redline (on North East Road) the other day and while they had some really clean and non modified cars there they seemed to be a little expensive. Has anyone dealt with or bought any cars from these guys? Is it worth paying extra for a non modified car? (Knowing that it may have been returned back to 'stock')

I also went past Sinergy and they also had some nice Skylines, most were modified but a lot cheaper than at Redline. Has anyone dealt with this yard either?

Also could you please reccomend any other yards? I don't really know who else sells them?

Cheers.

I am thinking of getting either a GT-R or RZ Supra

Edited by ' Max Power

Hey,

I bought my car from redline. can't say it was the best choice or experience. I got a 95 R33 GTST from them it was unmodified and looked neat on the outside. I have scince learnt from the panel shop at work my car has been in a accident (they think it may have been bigish with the whole drivers side being replaced form what they can tell)

I did pay to much for mine (i'm a little embarassed about how much i spent on it), i was however new to Japanesse cars and didn't know where to look. There are some great cars for sale on these forums which i knew about when i bought mine!

Good luck with whatever you choose

gday mate. i had a friend that brought an r32 gtst from redline. yeah he pay a little to much for it but it was in fairly good condition from what i saw! ill ask him what he thinks of them on the weekend when i catch up with him. as he isnt on sau.

i have been in and talked to them a couple times and they seem ok to me.

havnt heard anything about sinergy for a long time(since the were on anzac hwy), dont even know where they are located anymore

i can give you some links to import brokers sites if ya r considering importing 1.

Edited by Turbz_13

I have a mate who has bought two R33s from Redline, and another mate who just bought a '91 Soarer from them as well.

Both guys loved the cars, had no major hassles with them, and from what I can see of the cars, look quite clean.

I haven't bought a car or anything from Sinergy, but they did the compliance work for my GT-R and they are really good blokes, did a good job with a lot of mechanical work on my car as well.

Good luck :)

I have bought two cars from redline , first was a clean looking R33 series2 and my 32gtr. the gtr was the second car and the cleanest of the two. If you were going to buy a car of them I would want to see the auction report from them so you can see the condition of the panel work. Their {jap} auctions are very fussy so you should want to see all triple a reports on the panels to know it was a straight car. Next be prepard to pay a little more for their cars because they do go for cars that might have a few extra kay's but have good interiors. {can generally gudge a cars maintaince by its interior}. mine had 99,000k's rigydidge {had books} lucky to get their japanese contacts personal car. :turned:

Now if you want to talk about the r33 i will suggest you pm me!

The guy's at s____y seemed dodgy to me so I stayed clear of them.

my next best advice would be if you do buy a car from a dealer , dont waste your money on warranties because you can never claim on them anyway{ always classed as wear and tear}

save yourself a couple of grand and by missnismo's car, it sounds hot

I bought my car from Redline almost 4 years ago now. My car was completely stock apart from an exhaust and was very clean. I never had any major problems with it, and a couple of small issues I had they fixed straight away.

I paid for it then what just about everyone was asking for them, but went there recently again and they do seem to be asking a few grand too much, although the majority of their cars are very tidy.

Just a few things ive noticed:

I havent bought anything off of these guys but have had a look. They came accross as being typical rude car yard guys. I was very interested in a couple of their cars and wanted to take them for a test drive but they couldnt be bothered moving some of the other cars out the way to get it out???? dont know how they sell cars doing that!! I have also noticed that they cover all of the under-bodies of there cars with black paint? I dont know if this is to hide rust and crap or to neaten them up? They are a bit pricey but not to bad compared with others and Melbourne import yards. If I was going to get a car off them I want to see it before they detail it - one the 180's they had that hadnt been cleaned up had rubber sprayed up nice and thick in the rear arches and one 33 looked as though it was having its speedo cluster changed/ mucked around with???

Could be OK place but as always with imports - buyer be ware!!

i brought my 33 from there and prob paid a grand too much however the car was really clean interior wise nice straight body and drives fantastic. they even put 2 new tyres on the rear 255.by 17 as the ones one there was almost to the wear marks they didnt even quiver at doing that .. we also got a good trade in on our camry more than i expected so i was pleased with that . the only warrantey i needed fixing was the passanger side electric mirror would not go back after been retracted in that was fixed with no hassles all in all i found there service ok and hassle free . so from my point of view if i was in the market for another import i would def go for a look and see what they had

Thanks for the replies,

I have noticed the cars that Redline sell have very clean interiors and they do seem to buy more of the cleaner looking cars, but it seems that you pay a few grand more for the pleasure.

It's tough to decide what to do in terms of buying private or from a dealer. Buying private is a bit cheaper sometimes but you don't know if you are buying someone else's problems, especially with an import.

I am kind of considering doing something stupid and dipping into my house deposit fund and lashing out for an R34 GT-T, but I am not sure if it is worth it!

Max POwer he's the man with the name..... etc. good to see you started postin here buddy! hurry up and buy a car!!!!! he's close every time he gets in my car it draws him that one step closer!!

all sounds like good advice, at the end of the day, it also comes down to luck, as you've seen with mine, i got an R32 GTST for 6900. only needed 400 bucks of body work. so look close and carefully and good luck!

wot ever u do and choose dont rush into it and try to get sum ppls here to check out ur choise

i bought my car down the road from redline

@ Sensible Priced Autos and have been very happy with the way the yard handled the warranty work on the car ... considering there prodominantyl a commadoor and ford shop :)

they are starting to get more and more imports there too

Yeah i agree with Madaz don't rush in.

The warranty was the main issue that i had with the car, i bought one and it was void when i drove it off the yard as the warrantys only covers non modified cars!

Im prety sure if you ask even one of us to come and check out the car your interested in , some one might help you out with what to look for . Right guy's and girls! as said above only fools rush in and a foll and their money are soon parting company .

any way Good luck with your purchase :mad:

Mate I bought my R33 from Redline and its one hell of a car. Although the guys at the yard dont want to know you if something goes wrong with it. I would never buy a car from them again even tho mine had over 30g's of up grades on it. If you buy from them dont expect them to honor the waranty.

It sounds like every other car yard around then.

When I bought my new XR6T I had the 3 year factory warranty on it, but even when I had a few problems they would still try and stuff me around. I had a solenoid go in the gearbox and they said they had the parts waiting for me, so I dropped the car off and picked it up later, but within 50m the problem was back. Turns out they didn't even try to fix it..

They then told me that I needed to leave the car overnight, but there were no loan cars available! As soon as I asked to speak with whoever was running the show I was driving home in a 5 speed Focus loan car.. (and yes it did its fair share of corkscrew/gorge road runs in the day I had it!)

as i said Sensible Priced Auto's looked after me wether that was cause i prayed to get a good car 1 can only guess

you can only go by ur gut feeling and recommendations from others

also SPA has been @ north east rd and OG road for over 20 years how long has/will redline be there

hey all i am currnetly in the process of gettn my 98 r33 gtst skyline imported, its on its way and only cost me $8,681AUS its stock as a rock and all i need is another $3000 for customs and around $3800 for compliance so i thnk that this is a damn cheap buy!!