SAU Community

R32 Gtr Single Gt35r. Apexi's De-jetro A Good Choice?

BOBBO's new car does 600kms to a tank with the D-jetro, I remember Mike telling me how Danny proved it to him on a crusie. Mike since turfed his standard power FC and has the D-jetro now.

Thats mad, how many kws?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many km's out of a tank can you get R32-GTS?

You have big cams and big power levels so I'm very interested to see how or if it is different to other people with stock or slightly modded RB26's.

This would also help in some research I'm doing and I'd be happy to share the results.

about 580hp, but it will never get those km, if you are on the noise all the time, country cruising at an average pace will might see those kms.

BOBBO, are you saying you have 580hp at the wheels and can still get close to 600km per tank if you took it easy? :) If this is the case, what are your mods like, injectors, spark setup, cams.

I'd state my conclusion on something that some people might find interesting. :happy:

One quick question here, my D-Jetro is being installed tomorrow, I am very excited. But, what happens to my AFM's? As you can see from my sig, the next thing i want to get is the D-Jetro air intake kit which will take the AFM's out altogether....

What happens for now though?

cheers

One quick question here, my D-Jetro is being installed tomorrow, I am very excited. But, what happens to my AFM's? As you can see from my sig, the next thing i want to get is the D-Jetro air intake kit which will take the AFM's out altogether....

cheers

unplug em and leave em where they are :happy:

unplug em and leave em where they are :)

OK, I was 99% sure that was what had to be done, but thanks for the confirmation :happy:

I didn't know whether unplugging them rendered them constantly open or closed, so its open then...

thnks

OK, I was 99% sure that was what had to be done, but thanks for the confirmation :happy:

I didn't know whether unplugging them rendered them constantly open or closed, so its open then...

thnks

hey topaz they dont open or close at all, its only a little peice of metal hangin from the afm in the airs path that detects the heat and flow and thats it. when disconnected causes no restriction as its about the thickness of a couple of hairs.

hey topaz they dont open or close at all, its only a little peice of metal hangin from the afm in the airs path that detects the heat and flow and thats it. when disconnected causes no restriction as its about the thickness of a couple of hairs.

wow, shows what I know, I thought there was sort of a air gate that acted like a choke on a carbaretor style engine :D

Guys,

My car orignally came with the standard ECU but with a PFC to chuck on later. I had a bit of a think ahead and asked a few mates with GTR's with upgraded turbo's similar to mine and found they had no end of troubles with AFM's and upgrading them with first RB20 then VG30 items. I factored the cost of upgrading the AFM's and subsequently the pods and adaptors i had to suit the standard AFM's and using the PFC i had then worked out it was a much simpler and cheaper exercise to go the Djetro.

That plus not hearing anything but praise for the results they give. It just made sense to me.

Since having it installed i can honestly say there has been no difference in cold start, light throttle applications or idle from the standard computer. The car gets fully tuned tomorrow (i've had boost control probs.) so i'll be able to tell you the final result.

Cheers.

Guys,

My car orignally came with the standard ECU but with a PFC to chuck on later. I had a bit of a think ahead and asked a few mates with GTR's with upgraded turbo's similar to mine and found they had no end of troubles with AFM's and upgrading them with first RB20 then VG30 items. I factored the cost of upgrading the AFM's and subsequently the pods and adaptors i had to suit the standard AFM's and using the PFC i had then worked out it was a much simpler and cheaper exercise to go the Djetro.

That plus not hearing anything but praise for the results they give. It just made sense to me.

Since having it installed i can honestly say there has been no difference in cold start, light throttle applications or idle from the standard computer. The car gets fully tuned tomorrow (i've had boost control probs.) so i'll be able to tell you the final result.

Cheers.

I have done the $ for few guys, once you add in the extra installation costs and the tuning costs, the DJetro works out no cheaper than a Power FC, including a new pair of Z32 AFM's. Using a 350 rwkw power target as an example.

Power FC = $950

2 X Z32 AFM's = $550

Installation = $Zero

Tuning = $500

Total = $2,000

DJetro = $1,050

Installation = $300 (map sensors and wiring + replace AFM's)

Tuning = $900

Total = $2,250

Since you have actually done it, what did it cost you?

:wub: cheers :(

I have done the $ for few guys, once you add in the extra installation costs and the tuning costs, the DJetro works out no cheaper than a Power FC, including a new pair of Z32 AFM's. Using a 350 rwkw power target as an example.

Power FC = $950

2 X Z32 AFM's = $550

Installation = $Zero

Tuning = $500

Total = $2,000

DJetro = $1,050

Tuning = $900

Total = $2,250

Tuning time really depends on how many maps the tuner has for the D-Jetro and what his experience is.

I know that in WA, there are now a lot of maps floating around for D-Jetro and most people are happy to share theirs anyway (I most certainly am anyway).

An interesting point - who "owns" the tuning information after you pay for the tune?

Cheers

Gav

Not wanting to change the topic too much but in answer to your querie Sydneykid it cost me $1,900 from memory all up. As Gav says there are a few people over here that have the maps so the install and tuning costs were down on what you mention.

My calculations for the normal PFC certainly didn't factor $550 for two Z32 AFM's as i was only going to use new items for piece of mind. I assume the $550 you mention is for 2nd hand? if not thats a top price and maybe my calculations would've meant i stuck with the normal PFC i already had.

As they say 'the past is the past' though and i certainly dont regret the choice i have made. For my mind the Djetro is a good piece of kit.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Power FC = $950

2 X Z32 AFM's = $550

Installation = $Zero

Tuning = $500

Total = $2,000

DJetro = $1,050

Tuning = $900

Total = $2,250

I got 2 brand new Z32 AFM's for $600 in Melbourne.

The only reason I didnt go D Jetro was I was paranoid about drilling my plenum whilst still bolted in place.Do you guys remove the intake or just drill into it????

Tuning time really depends on how many maps the tuner has for the D-Jetro and what his experience is.

I know that in WA, there are now a lot of maps floating around for D-Jetro and most people are happy to share theirs anyway (I most certainly am anyway).

An interesting point - who "owns" the tuning information after you pay for the tune?

Cheers

Gav

Hi Gav, the theory is you paid for the maps so they belong to you. The reality is..............

Not wanting to change the topic too much but in answer to your querie Sydneykid it cost me $1,900 from memory all up. As Gav says there are a few people over here that have the maps so the install and tuning costs were down on what you mention.

My calculations for the normal PFC certainly didn't factor $550 for two Z32 AFM's as i was only going to use new items for piece of mind. I assume the $550 you mention is for 2nd hand? if not thats a top price and maybe my calculations would've meant i stuck with the normal PFC i already had.

As they say 'the past is the past' though and i certainly dont regret the choice i have made. For my mind the Djetro is a good piece of kit.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Hi Ryan, thanks for the honest answer. Plenty of guys have said to me that DJetro is cheaper, but it never works out that way when you add it all up. As time goes on and the tuners get more experience with DJetros the price will come down, I can remember when Power FC's were $2,000 without Commander, plus $1,000 to install and tune. Competiton leads to lower prices.

The Z32AFM's are new, it's just a matter of shopping around. The Group Buy price is $300 each and you can pick them up a little cheaper than that.

cheers

How did you go today?

Power FC = $950

2 X Z32 AFM's = $550

Installation = $Zero

Tuning = $500

Total = $2,000

DJetro = $1,050

Tuning = $900

Total = $2,250

:( cheers :O

the tuning costs the same over here, so you are in front.

even if people charge more elsewhere you make that money back pretty quick on a road car thanks to far better fuel ecconomy. Even Need4speed gets better fuel ecconomy than mine when driven in a tame manner :bunny:

I never thought I'd say it but, the d-jetro spanks the afm version and I have no clue as to why? :D

Its possible the afm pfc is tuners are lazy and don't fiddle as much where as the djectro tuners are required to tweak and tend to lean it out a little more under zero vacuum and carry it over to a couple psi of boost.