SAU Community

**please Help** How To Make Resistor Pack

Hi All, I need to make a resistor pack for my RB20DET to fit in my GTR injectors and I am unable to find instructions... I am guessing they would be somewhere or that someone has done it so I would love it if someone would take to time to point me in the right direction.

I don't have a stock GTR resistor pack and need to get them in tonight / tomorrow otherwise Ican't get my car tuned with them this weekend :)

Thanks in advance!!

Dunno about making one, have you tried searching for it?

You could call an import wrecker to find a GTR one.. I also remember reading somewhere that you can use the resistor pack out of an R30..

doing a search would be your best bet on finding the instructions tho, if there are any..

Thanks mate, I can't find anythng concrete so I though someone may have done it...

I really need to have it and installed by Friday befor Dr Drift comes down (to Tassie) so I figure making one may be quicker than finding one and getting it here! (And a lot cheaper).

There's a wiring up guide done by ROY in the tutorial section, I dropped in new injector plugs/boots (To suit VL, VL inj. plugs are the same as GTR inj. plugs, 6 inj plugs/boots cost me ~$53) while I was there as it was a real pain in the arse to trim up all the injectors so the plugs were suitable.

With regards to making a resistor pack. Buying the high quality resistors that it requires will cost you all up around $100. You are better off simply buying a second hand gtr resistor pack for the same/similiar price.

OR... Do what I did and used an Aussy R30 Skyline resistor pack, R30's are everywhere at the old car wreckers. I've seen them go anywhere from $5 right up to a whopping ~$15. :happy:

Ah there you go! you can use the R30 one :P Spewin about that tho as I had an R30 sitting in my yard that a wrecker picked up off me before I realised I could have used the resistor pack from it...

• 1 month later...

sorry to bring up an old thread...

but so its confirmed 100% that gtr injectors can be run with a r30 resistor pack - using stock ecu / power fc ...

also where is it exactly located in the r30 and what does it look like (exactly)

and what does an r30 look like hehe - what year?

-Matt

Edited by huddy

The R30 uses the usual automotive plug 8pin plug that is made by various manufactures such as navara etc. They can be picked up from the local auto store for around $3.95.

Have a look in the tutorials section for a guide + pics written by Roy.