SAU Community

Ecu Did It Work?

gzzmos

ok ive just spent the last few hours reading these forums on the pfc into a s1 stagea.

no one said "yes the R33 pfc worked with some hard wiring"

so did it work or did you guys find another to run a aftermarket ecu?

my stagea came into n.z with a f-con v but no one can tune them over here :(

so plz help.

I have a PFC in mine, but also have the manual conversion done to it.

I dont know what model PFC it is, but do know that they had to do some "creative" wireing to get it to work.

I have a PFC in mine, but also have the manual conversion done to it.

I dont know what model PFC it is, but do know that they had to do some "creative" wireing to get it to work.

im in the middle of makin mine manual, i guess you can show me or tell me about this "creative" wireing

Nope, he cant, because the guy before him did the conversion.

What i was going to do was i bought an R33 GTST stock ecu with the plug, was going to cut the engine harness and replug it with the GTST plug. Then use a GTST PFC on the car and hardwire the atessa so that it got its inputs off parallel lines which the GTST outputs anyway.

Nope, he cant, because the guy before him did the conversion.

What i was going to do was i bought an R33 GTST stock ecu with the plug, was going to cut the engine harness and replug it with the GTST plug. Then use a GTST PFC on the car and hardwire the atessa so that it got its inputs off parallel lines which the GTST outputs anyway.

so i take we (the stageas) dont have the same plug as any of the skyline ecu's?

sounds like wat your doing isnt a bad idea, do you have a wire diagram of the stagea harness? so i may do the same thing?

is there anyway of getting fotos of Ska ecu conversion? eg like the plugs etc? if thats cool wit ska?

Funny thing is for MM that just because they know the model, doesnt mean shit to me.

Its not like everyone else but them is stupid. If one place can work it out, another can too.

My option for me sounded the most logical.

I am sure that someone who reads japanese could spend 10 minutes searching the web or make a few phone calls to see what they do over there.

gzzmos, yes, i have a wire diagram but its at funky money's house....and has been for the last few months! (aka, we are all waiting on CD's from him)

i hope we get to the bottom of this coz i really want to tune my baby aye.

heres alittle pic for you guys out therepost-27613-1143364937.jpg

im in the middle of rebuliding her at the moment.

sorry im not in aus, but Nz and its just a rb25 with a few xtra's :thumbsup:

i found sau to hav alot more info and beta to talk to than sdu.

Edited by gzzmos

its a custom made plenum made by rips. and its just the 26 rocker covers and i havent got a 26 cam cover yet, but i should leave a few 260s for dead... as long as i can get a good ecu lol.

ive just ordered a pin out layout on the stagea ecu so it'll speed up the process so when i get i could send a pdf copy if you need it?

i was thinking it might help in makin a loom for the r33 pfc so u'll know where everything should line up. and it'll be in english too :thumbsup:

Edited by gzzmos

i was thinking it might help in makin a loom for the r33 pfc so u'll know where everything should line up. and it'll be in english too :D

hey gzzmos nice ride, and engine bay. just a little thing i noticed is that power steering resoviour (sp?) wont last long sitting next to the turbo i'd imagine. i mounted mine next the the passenger side headlight and next to the air con gas canister thing. besides that it looks mint. what turbo is it? gt35?

with the wiring, my engine harness contained alot more wires than just engine stuff, like passenger side fender indicator, abs plugs, and a couple of other things.

unfortunately mine was chopped by someone else so i didnt take notice of what all the extra chopped wires are from i now have hanging around :) mines an autronics, and the attessa is wired up also which i can tell people the correct wires to use, but only once i test it and make sure 4wd is working correctly :thumbsup:

good luck

hey gzzmos nice ride, and engine bay. just a little thing i noticed is that power steering resoviour (sp?) wont last long sitting next to the turbo i'd imagine. i mounted mine next the the passenger side headlight and next to the air con gas canister thing. besides that it looks mint. what turbo is it? gt35?

with the wiring, my engine harness contained alot more wires than just engine stuff, like passenger side fender indicator, abs plugs, and a couple of other things.

unfortunately mine was chopped by someone else so i didnt take notice of what all the extra chopped wires are from i now have hanging around :D mines an autronics, and the attessa is wired up also which i can tell people the correct wires to use, but only once i test it and make sure 4wd is working correctly :thumbsup:

good luck

yeah the p/s is getting moved, it was put together quickly to get it to a show.

the turbo is a gt3540 .70 front and .82 rear now im doin the internals (dont know what im putin in yet lol) and doin a manual conversion at the same time.

at the moment the kar runs that standard computer for the auto, and a hks f-con for the motor but no one can tune it over here :)

and really want a good ecu now (and a tuneable one) to run everything.

current mods are;

rips plenum

gt3540

apexi cams (intake & exhuast)

apexi exhuast

hks 740 cc injectors

tial wastegate

hks exhuast cam gear

custom exhuast manifold

hks fuel reg

oil cooler

catch can

600x300x76 i/c

2.5" i/c pipe

greddy type rs bov

greddy type s boost controller

apexi afc

thats all i can think of at the moment. im only wantin 400hp at the wheels but makin sure i dont stress anything to much..

Nice engine bay gzzmos!

The first thing I noticed was the RB26 cam covers, but I knew there was something missing, so was wondering if it actually was a 26.

Then I noticed the high-mount turbo, and the size, and the, ummm, "filter," then I noticed how close your power steering reservior was and I though: "Hmmm, that's not going to last long after some heat exposure!"