SAU Community

No Oil Pressure?

Blu32

Hi,

I noticed that my oil pressure gauge wasnt moving in my r32 the other day it just sat at 1 kg/cm2 then when i started it again it just sat at 3 kg/cm2 and on the way home it was on zero!!! Im assuming this isnt good!

Anyone know of any ways i can check to see wot it is ???

Thanks,

Blu32

don't worry, r32 oil pressure gauges are often faulty and read wrong.

Every R32 i've seen including mine either reads wrong or just doesn't move at all, and i've checked heaps :bunny:

You only have to worry if the little red light comes on :D

its not the actual gauge. its the oil pressure switch. get it changed soon or go get an aftermarket oil pressure gauge which comes with its own oil pressure sender which replaces the standard one.

this is a common problem with 32's.

i had the same kinda thing on my r33 recently.. once the car was pretty hot the gauge would randomly show it at 1psi for a while.. i soaked the electrical connector on the back of the oil sender in contact cleaner and it hasnt stuffed up since..

I think in my case though i had spilt heaps of oil on it when i took the oil filter off last time :(

The sender is quite easy to remove.. get a 17mm spanner on there, and unscrew from behind.. if you jack that side of the car up, it shouldn't leak any oil out the block.

Screw in new or replacement sender. Probably best off with an aftermarket gauge when you're there.

Yeah mine just stays below 4 all the time, good to know this is common and not much to worry about :(

i'd still go and get your sender replaced to make sure. its not something you want to take a gamble on.

justjap sell oil pressure gauges which include the sender in the pack for $50. cheap insurance if you ask me... very cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
in my 32 gauge reads about 4 on start up and once warm reads almost 0 then 0. been told to replace oil pressure sender, yeah common problem.

Mine used to be fine, alway on 4 or just under, Last week i noticed that when i start the car it reads about 4 and once warm reads almost 0. Same as yours. I think i might get a oil pressure gadge and test it out next week.

True but the motor has only done 40,000km and i have had a few test's done on it when i got the car,

But saying that if or when it dose die it just gives me an excuse to rebuild my motor lol