SAU Community

I Cant Get Compliance!

femno

What DOTARS says goes. They're the authority responsible for this stuff, so if they say you can get compliance, you can get compliance. Keep a note of who you spoke to and the date just in case anyone contests what you're saying. I think the RAW's wont give you any trouble if you've got DOTARS behind you.

Just a side note, now that its going to be complied under SEVS, that means it has to come back to stock. Have you got much aftermarket gear on there?? Would be a pain to have to take whatever you've got off, but I suppose it wont matter - you'll be too happy that its even getting complied :(

Good luck again!

Blacky

What DOTARS says goes. They're the authority responsible for this stuff, so if they say you can get compliance, you can get compliance. Keep a note of who you spoke to and the date just in case anyone contests what you're saying. I think the RAW's wont give you any trouble if you've got DOTARS behind you.

Just a side note, now that its going to be complied under SEVS, that means it has to come back to stock. Have you got much aftermarket gear on there?? Would be a pain to have to take whatever you've got off, but I suppose it wont matter - you'll be too happy that its even getting complied :D

Good luck again!

Blacky

Haha yeah im very happy its getting complied, but now its gonna be a fair bit of work; and i did get the guys name that i spoke to;

Fuel Rail

Injectors

Fuel Pressure Reg

HKS Cooler

Piping kit

Front bar

Pods

Yeah theres a few things there. She'll be rite. :(

Thanks again.

Haha yeah im very happy its getting complied, but now its gonna be a fair bit of work; and i did get the guys name that i spoke to;

Fuel Rail

Injectors

Fuel Pressure Reg

HKS Cooler

Piping kit

Front bar

Pods

Yeah theres a few things there. She'll be rite. :(

Thanks again.

Very good, shouldnt be too hard at all! I dare say (and ppl correct me if i'm wrong) that *some* RAWS may overlook the injectors if they look stock and fuel pressure regulator too. Don't quote me though!

In any case, easy job.

Blacky

Sorry for a bit of a thread hi-jack.. but..

I purchased a 1990 model Laurel uncomplied that came in under the 15 yr rule.. I have a copy of the approval and have checked its autheniticy with DOTARS. Am I going to need a deregistration certificate or the like as well?

Everything that dotars said is correct but one thing they missed is that you'll need the deregistration certificate from japan.

But i asked them that question: 'do i need dereg papers?' n they said no. I thinking that the dereg papers are a new thing?? Like since the introduction of the SEVS? n that came in 2003, and car was brought over in 2001?

(Getting more and more confused every minute)

every car that i have complied needed the de-reg. and that was under LVIS/CPA and 15yo. hell i needed the de-reg to even get the VIA under the 15yo rule as that is what shows date of first registration (to prove 15yo).

I was never asked for a de-reg certificate when I imported 3 cars under the 15 year rule. However, I did provide at least one VIA with the car's de-registration cert.

i needed dereg papers for my '89 gtst.

But does it not matter that my car was brought over amost 5 years ago?? I was thinkin maybe that the regulations were different back then, so the original buyer of the car from japan never requested them (dereg papers) because they werent needed back then? Apparently you didnt need them back then, now you do.

Ill be faxing a letter to DOTARS anyway, to get the original copy of the Import Approval and see where that gets me.

Thanks all.

Mat.

mate it doesn't matter what we all say - dotars have the last say, and what they say goes.

for what it's worth, my dereg paper was this crummy third generation photocopy, i could barely read it. i don't even know how deeply the rta read it.

i am also of the opinion that dotars will probably be helpful in this case, if you just explain what's going on. be sure to keep us posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, good news all...the car is now in the process of getting the compliance work done. It has been a very long and stressful time, but it will be well worth the effort, everything back to stock wasnt so bad after all. So it shouldnt be too much longer before it hits the road!

Thanks for everyones help and info, much appreciated.

Mat.

femno, who is doing the compliance??

A place in Bayswater called Japanese Performance Vehicles. They are apparently one of four workshops in VIC that can do this work.

A place in Bayswater called Japanese Performance Vehicles. They are apparently one of four workshops in VIC that can do this work.

Yeah I know them, they are compliancing my R32GTR when it arrives next month. They also complianced my mates R34 GTR a few weeks ago. Nice bloke.

Yeah I know them, they are compliancing my R32GTR when it arrives next month. They also complianced my mates R34 GTR a few weeks ago. Nice bloke.

Yes VERY nice bloke, has been most helpful during this difficult process. Was your mate satisfied with the work they did?

Yes VERY nice bloke, has been most helpful during this difficult process. Was your mate satisfied with the work they did?

He's really happy with the work, good clean job and the fact it was completed relatively quickly without any fuss. Out of everyone I phoned to get quotes for both his 34 and my 32 this guy didn't try to sell the earth and gave us a price and was really helpful.

I just can't wait til i get my 32. Not long to go.

All the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the final chapter to the story.

I picked up my car this morning, fitted with the Compliance Plate and all the stickers and everything...it all went well.

Sam at JPV sourced all of the paperwork that was needed to do the compliance, we did end up needing the Japanese Deregistration papers, but he sorted it all out.

Im so very excited, now all i have to do is get a RWC and reg. and my beast will be hittin da streetz...

Good luck to all that are/will be in the process of Compliance, and thanks for everyones help,

Mat.

P.S Cannot recommend more::>>> Japanese Performance Vehicles, Bayswater, Vic. Talk to Sam.