SAU Community

Registration Issues

SKYrine_Dan

Hey guyz n galz,

Went to register my car the other day cause the rego had run out and i hadnt recieved the next slip like usual so i rang them up and they say my file is frozen because regency want to look at it?

My cars not defected, havnt been pulled over or spoken to any police and ive registered it before and the old owner had rego too! I thought in order to register your import in SA you need a compliance plate and pass a road worthy inspection which it has. This is really weird so i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or comments?

i know a few people in the registra office as i have to work with them every day i ll ask about files being frozen and some of the reasons why they freeze them. hope i can help it would suck not being able to register your car.

this isn't much help as the said it could be any number of things!

some of their possible suggestions were

-wrong payment

-cheque bounced

-defect issue

did you buy your car here in SA with registration or did you import it your self or buy it interstate?

it didn't help that i couldn't help them with any info about your car as they asked me your no plate and full name.

I bought it in SA already complied and registered and i havent been issued a defect!

I rang them again and it seems that the standards division at transport SA issued the

inspection beacuse they reckon it hasnt been inspected and they want me to pay $80

to get the car inspected when it shouldnt even need to be! I aint paying shit until they

give me some more info because it looks like theyve screwed up :P

$80? what needs to be inspected as most of the inspections are free i'll ask again tomorrow now that you know why it has been frozen and see what they say about the inspection.

I bought it in SA already complied and registered and i havent been issued a defect!

I rang them again and it seems that the standards division at transport SA issued the

inspection beacuse they reckon it hasnt been inspected and they want me to pay $80

to get the car inspected when it shouldnt even need to be! I aint paying shit until they

give me some more info because it looks like theyve screwed up :bunny:

Id think of putting your original bonnet back on and making sure that the car is not defectable, coz they are a holes and they WILL give you a hard time.

I'm not sure about the steering wheel size.

from what i hear Dan has sorted it out and it now just needs an identity inspection and not a full roadworthy (is this right Dan?) it was a mix up apparently with rego.

From what i found out at the reigstra office when you get a Import from interstate and have it go through an identity inspection they some times select you for a roadworthy inspection, you won't need to if you were the registred owner interstate.

Edited by Whiplash

can you say that in englsh about purchasing from interstate? say i purchase a car from interstate, does that mean that sometimes they do random checks on them?

sorry...

yeah but its only on imports you usually get informed if you need to get a roadworthy when you get the identity inspection done. Hope this is clearer. It sounds like there was a stuff up with Dan and he wasn't notified.

My mate down there said it's all about making extra money