SAU Community

Mechanical Lsd

DESTROY

I know a lot of people has failed using these LSDs. However, i have brought heaps of cars with 2 ways and they sometimes clucnk like shit and pass them.

My advise, before the inpsectors take it for a drive, tell them before-hand that the car is fitted with a mechanical diff and it will clunk or even if fitted with an aggressive twin plate clutch, just tell them first before they stall the car several times.

It has work so far but dont quote on me.

Cheers

i told the inspector my 31 had a twin plate and he might stall.

he laughed, popped it in gear, drove it off as if he had driven it for years, then i could hear him rip around occonor ... good to see some of the guys appreciate the finer things in life :(

When my car went through for it's compliance check at Welshpool it went with my locked diff, somehow it passed but I have no idea how!!

LOCKER DIFFS FOR LIFE YO!!!

if there clunking sounds like they need the diff additive in them. go to a ford dealer or a transmission shop and purchase some FORD MOTORSPORT DIFF ADDITIVE or the equivalent to this product. worked a treat in mine and stopped the clunkin

Always went to Welshpool coz my workshop is just around the corner. I have had good results at O'connor and East Perth as well.

Just remember, its not about who's slack and who's not. Its the inspectors job to make sure that the car is roadworthy and extra stuff like clutch, diffs and even coilovers are decided by individual inspectors whether they want it there or not.

Cheers

When my car went through for it's compliance check at Welshpool it went with my locked diff, somehow it passed but I have no idea how!!

LOCKER DIFFS FOR LIFE YO!!!

Yeah...mine has successfully passed the pits 3 times with a locker (failed once :P). I just tell them that the diff has been tightened up and with the touchiness of the clutch makes it feel like a locker. It has only failed at East Perth

I actually went to Midland first - they gave me 30mins extension cos they thought my car was gonna fall apart due to the harsh vibrations and clunking from the rear.

I have a Kaaz 2-way, tighter than a 12yo - not that I'd know of course.

No we don't have to go thru the pits every year.

in south oz the inspectors arnt aloud to drive the cars ...only the owners can, when i took my car through i just clutched it around corners so it wouldnt clunk etc

That wouldn't work for me, mines a 2-way - locks up on decel too.

f**k its a violent diff, oh well.

That wouldn't work for me, mines a 2-way - locks up on decel too.

f**k its a violent diff, oh well.

have you done the break in process? (figure 8s as per the website) they can be a bit harsh unless they are broken in properly and oil changed regularly using good oil.

Was already in the car when I got it.

Over time it got less violent that it hardly clunked and skipped at all.

Recently put some Castrol 80W/90 stuff in it and made it all tight again.

So tight you can hear and feel it locking when trying to go straight thru roundabouts lol