SAU Community

Track Day - May 2nd

jlnewton

yer thanks paul for organising it all again ;) even though i was at the track i missed most of the action due to a 2 inch piece of heater hose, dumping all my coolant in the first session :P

hose was fixed at track thanks to a 72yo mechanic who came up from amberley, but now my engine is making a funny noise and im worried.

from what ive heard though, my problems arent the worst :wave:

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. That was our first full track day and the volunteers did a fantastic job of running it.

I will have the times sorted out soon and I'll send them out.

I had a great day as I tested out some new gadgets I'm working on and all went well. Should also have a new timing system running in the coming track days. Bet thats music to Pat's ears. lol.

Also my own car is finally getting sorted out. We finally got to the bottom of the engine cut outs, so I should be out cruising with you guys again in a month or so. Its been too long.

Paul

thanks to cerb who captured this vid, you can see the moment the heater hose blew: http://cars.aaron-77.com/may2/sad_moment.avi

see the trailing mist of steam? thing is couldnt see it till i had slowed down heaps (i.e. in pit) and i couldnt hear the knock cause of the wind, helmut and normal engine noise on top. :D

trying to source a replacement rb20 atm

Edited by flagger