SAU Community

Think Aussie Traffic Sucks?

Not very hard at all, just a case of paying the right person. Incidentally its not uncommon to get honked at from behind if ur stationary at a set of lights when they are red and there is'nt much traffic flowing from the path that has the green light... :D

hhahahahahahahahaa, reminds me of the country i where i was born (I don't think that the same place tho...). Honk ahead to let traffic know that ur just gonna run right through the intersection.

What is that?!?! Give way to ur left... no wait to ur right...f#ck it just do watever.

:D:D

Trust me that is a rather quiet n calm clip, u ain't seen anything yet! Gets a little more interesting when you have an entire family on a bike/scooter. i.e Husband,wife and their 3 kids...

The first thing to fail on most imported cars if they were'nt oirginally designed for India is the horn.

lol, talking to some friends who were over in bali, theres so many scooters over there its so hard to cross the street, their guide just told em to walk out and dont change your pace or stop and they'll all go around you and you'll be fine.

haha reminds me of when i went to Pakistan last year.

That's exactly how it is, if you're not an aggressive driver, you'll get nowhere.

Plus side was that nobody adheres to the speed limits. :bunny:

You'd be surprised how fast Corollas can go.

i know a guy who lived in south africa for the part of his life where he learned to drive etc and he is an excellent driver, because they have no road rules there its whatever you feel goes, so you have to be aware at all times when driving. sounds stupid... but he is a very good driver due to having to deal with all the shitty traffic situations over there.

besides i hate traffic anyways, gimme an open highway anyday.

It might look shocking but its surprising to see there are almost no accident comparing to over here coz ppl are cautious all the time.

true .. unlike here in aussie, where people would follow all the rules therefore they seem dont care about their surrounding as long as they follow the rules. driver in 3rd world country are very good. they always catious all the time.

Edited by BiAsA

True what you guys have been saying about lower accident rates...

I just came back from a trip to the Philippines visiting family.

The driving over there is hectic compared to Australia, yet most drivers generally are couteous & attentive, more assertive than agressive drivers.

The coolest part is that the cars over there are left hand drive, it felt so weird for me to shift gears with my right hand :P

well i dunno about being cautious, i was ultra agressive when i was in India this Jan, my brother gave me great advice before my first drive, said just treat it like a video game and go for the gaps... seemed to work fine!

• 2 weeks later...