SAU Community

SAU 'Big Day Out'

Nightcrawler

As per comments in another post I (and others) have put forward ideas on having a big daytime cruise and another group activity which involves everyone getting to know each other.

Points brought up so far include:

1. all wear name badges with name and nick

2. take a photo of every member and their ride, to put up on a 'Who's Who' page on this site

3. some form of eating whether it be picnic or the Crown Pub @ Victor

4. cruise to Victor (open to other ideas)

5. possible paintball skirmish at Wirrina Resort (Victor Harbour) - as this is something just about every guy wants to do, but never does it.

Now we have sort of formed a committee comprising Myself (Nightcrawler), Paul (Pawley), Matt (Whatsisname) and Erica (Cheeky). Anyone else wanna be an 'organiser'.

So .... please, PLEASE add any ideas suggestions, ideas, likes, dislikes, or just tell me to piss of back to hole I came from etc. etc.

:D

Proposed/possible date Sunday (for Erica) 30th March (for Paul).

Totally open to other ideas/dates/organisers!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure Port Elliot Pits is closed (not 100% though) and there are only 2 kart mania places left to hire karts, all due to insurece reasons.

This month is no good for me, hows early april.

Yep Port Elliot is closed. Im open to all sugestions. Hey andrew the photo of person and car is a good idea, it would give eveyone an idea who is who

im happy to bring the bbq down in the boot, if people are happy with a byo lunch.

im also happy to be playing with the fairy penguins, so long as they're not the size of the one from billy maddison:D

lets hope for some nice weather

suggestions on dates? keep in mind that the 500 is on the 22 & 23rd........ and that im on-call in adelaide for the weekends between.:D

Just a suggestion - but the Victor thing has been done to death

a bit lately.The Murray Bridge Idea is cool 'cause it's different & includes twisty & long straights.If we went up through Birdwood then took Palmer Road to MB there would be a good mix of roads & some excellent photo opportunities.I happen to know a guy with a ski boat too - although I'm pretty hopeless at it.

We could return on the freeway.Be a great day trip & means sitting around admiring all the cars while waiting for a turn behind the boat(which is a firebird with a 400 chev) & perfect for a BBQ.

See what happens.

John u r da man .... bring on the hydraslides I say ;)

I agree it would be nice to take a different run for a change .... Chain of Ponds, Gumeracha, Birdwood etc is a nice stretch ....

btw I am off to Surfers Paradise with the missus for a week of R&R .... so don't get offended anyone if I don't respond to posts/emails .... I'll try to check in up there, but am not making it a priority .... hope the cruise tonight was cool - sorry I couldn't make it but we leave at 8am tomorrow morning and the missus told me I'm not allowed out till 2am doing fun stuff :D ... oh well there's always next time!

Yawn, Looks like the old school days r gone and the fairys r here.

Andrew how about this? Forget about the cruise and lets go to a resteraunt and have a sit down dinner and some drinks. Some where like Jo Jo`s or some place nice. Just a sugestion. Buggered if im going to murry bridge with 4.5s in the diff

I think your onto something GTR king.

Lets all go to the Barossa and hire some limo's and do a wine tour.. (aka lets get smashed on expensive wines)...or go somewhere were I can drink lots of expensive wine.... (" This is a suggestion")

GTR King is right.. lets do something non-car orientated just once.

Maybe this is my feminine side speakin??