SAU Community

My Review Of The New Wrx

Hey all

Well were do i start, My step mum just picked up the new WRX hatch the other day and let me take it for a bit if a hoon :(

ok im comparing this to my relitivly stock r33 gtst ,

ok , first thing that blew me away was the handeling, i was obsolutely amazed at how the car just kept track, i couldnt do the same menouvers in the 33, i was actually tring to get this thing to show a bit of slide but i couldnt get its ass to budge, suspension was nice, my 33 feels every little dent, bump in the road , i approached a speed hump and slowed down to about 20 ks, my dad told me to "hit it" so i took the hump at about 40-50 and didnt lift off my seat,

then there is the turbo :(

compared to my car which really starts to pull at about 4-6000 rpm the wrx was pulling from 2.5-5, after 5gs it really started to shit itself and didnt move much after that,

all in all i was pleased with the performance side of the car and its handelling , the car would out run mine off the line but give me a big straight and thats another story

evo 9 kicks its ass

Considering the evo costs a fair whack more and its direct competitor is the WRX STi not the WRX its a bit of apples and oranges isnt it? Its like comparing a GTR to a non turbo Supra.

wouldnt mind those liberty STI's.. that will be a sleeper for sure..

Back to the topic.. how is the interior compared to the skyline?? the dash n all??

wouldnt mind those liberty STI's.. that will be a sleeper for sure..

Back to the topic.. how is the interior compared to the skyline?? the dash n all??

ahaha funny you mention the iberty seeing that my dad bought his last year lol not the sti version unfortunatly lol still the 2 L turbo kicks ass, such a sleeper of a car

the interior is very plain the sound system is pathetic, might as well go buy a $50 system from supercheap (honestly) only got 4 speakers and all trebble lol, the dash is nice with the RPM's metre dead in front of you, the k's on a smaller dial just to the left

your stock GTS-T starts to pull at 4-6000RPM?

mine starts at 2500 and goes all the way to redline....

oh corse the skyline starts pulling at 2500 but i feel a massive jump around the 4-6 k mark

I agree with the newbie above :laugh: get a turbotech boost controller the reason why it feels like it really kicks in up high is the factory dual stage boost controller

newbie?

you dont need any form of boost controller to make it 7psi straight away rather than 5/7

Anybody seen the chargespeed widebodykit for the new Sti? I was never a fan of the pug nose & it looks A million times better than stock, the widebody doesn't hurt either :P

post-17515-1147098573.jpg

ahaha funny you mention the iberty seeing that my dad bought his last year lol not the sti version unfortunatly lol still the 2 L turbo kicks ass, such a sleeper of a car

the interior is very plain the sound system is pathetic, might as well go buy a $50 system from supercheap (honestly) only got 4 speakers and all trebble lol, the dash is nice with the RPM's metre dead in front of you, the k's on a smaller dial just to the left

Huh? Not a liberty RS or something??? If its the B4 dude, that is a rather high end stereo. I do hope your talking about an RS.

Yeah my mate had the B4 and the stereo was pretty decent...

That kit on the WRX doesn't look to bad, bit over the top, wouldn't mind it a bit less in your face but similar style...

compared to my car which really starts to pull at about 4-6000 rpm

that would be the stock dual stage boost that comes on at 2500rpm and then again a bit after 5000rpm with a few extra pounds :)

Huh? Not a liberty RS or something??? If its the B4 dude, that is a rather high end stereo. I do hope your talking about an RS.

Heh I think you will find that he is talking about the WRX in terms of stereo.

That kit on the WRX doesn't look to bad, bit over the top, wouldn't mind it a bit less in your face but similar style...

I like the fact that it gets rid of the nose, I think the car looks tougher with just that pug nose gone

does anyone find it odd that someone is trying to compare a BRAND NEW car to one that is 15 years old?

if you were goign to do a review of it then that's cool... but comparing it to an R33 is stupid.

this review gets 2 thumbs down. sorry.